• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii Revolution Controller

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Lets discuss the Revolution Controller.

Basic stock controller... as you can see, would be used one handed
If you turn the controller onto its side, you basically have a longer NES controller.

Controller from all angles... notice the little port on the bottom... that will allow for things like

a analog attachment. I think it will be more comfortable than holding a 2 handed controller... Also, this will allow people to switch hands... basically analog in right hand, 'remote' in left. there will most likely be other attachments.

That little port will also allow for this

Controller shells... while that image is just a mock up IGN did, you get the basic idea of how a shell would work...

I think in the long run, devolpers who want a more normal controller could make there own shells for the revolution controller... thereby helping devolpers make and release there games on the Revolution without controller restraints (most devolpers complained about the GC controller)

I dont actually think that they will release a GC styled shell as if you open up the side of the revolution, there are 4 GC controller ports and 2 memory card slots. Which is good considering that GC games will play in the Revo!

Well there you have it... the revolution controller.

What are your thought on it?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't even think of the possibility of shells.. I really like that idea! It would make the controller a lot more conventional thus allowing conventional games to be ported over.

I think really only time will tell with this controller. It is very unique and if it is a success, it will be a huge success. I'd already put money on it being a success in Japan. :)

It really has a lot of potential. Part of me is still waiting for Nintendo to start laughing and say they were messing.. but really I think this is it, and I think it's going to be a big success.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I like it, but think about how much money you're going to waste on shells for the thing. The remote idea leaves a lot open for creativity on the developer's side, but most developers don't have a lot to do with hardware. I really see Mad Katz and Pelican reeling it in with this one.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I dont really see alot of companies makeing them, just ones with the $$ to do it.
EA for instince could make a controller to play all there sports titles...
Capcom could release one for there fighters/RE/Megaman

Nintendo will most likely release there own, they could use that too...

Its just the possibility of it... companies that complained in the past about Nintendo not haveing a 'uniform' controller can now do something about it.

mostly, I think there will be several styles of a shells released. but there will probably be more adaptors like the analog stick released than shells, as to utilize the uniqeness of the controller.

Doc

V.I.P.
Most of them will probably work in an adjustibility for the motion sensitivity, too. I just thought of that a few seconds ago.

I'd like to see a VMU style memory cark come back ala Dreamcast style. Just with better battery life, that is.

Albey

Registered Member
I like the idea of the shells. i don't think i'd be well with that long piece and the little joy stick... i like holding a controller. not a long piece of junk.

KannonMAK

Registered Member
Hopefully they'll price it knowing that we'll be buying two controllers things at the same time usually. But it cant be worse than Xbox's 60$ wireless controllers. Also I may be wrong but i heard you can use the GCN controllers for the revolution.

nman77

Registered Member
Yeah the shells thing is pretty cool but very expensive at the same time. The remote thing looks akward and I don't think I would ever rather have that then a conventenal pad with dual analog sticks. I think a lot fo older gamers wll be put off by this as they will prefer a pad.

Doc

V.I.P.
You'll probably be able to use the Gamecube controllers for the classic games, too. That would make sense to me, at least.