• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Revising Ads...

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
I've noticed that alot of revisions to ads have a breaker inbetween when they post the auction...

For some reason when I revise/update to list how many watchers and hits, there is no breaker... Any clues, hints?

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I could be wrong, but I think it has to do with how you do the revision. I use my own html when I do revisions, so they always had the break in between.

trees

Registered Member
Hi, I think it is because up untill you have bids you can revise without that break thingy. Once you have bids you cannot. They do this so you can not change the original description once it has been bidded on. You can only add to the description. I think,........... lol

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
trees said:
Hi, I think it is because up untill you have bids you can revise without that break thingy. Once you have bids you cannot. They do this so you can not change the original description once it has been bidded on. You can only add to the description. I think,........... lol
Yes-yes....that makes sense.....go with that!!!

wolvergambit

Registered Member
Yes, once there is a bid on the item, your revision appears as an addition and will have the breaker.

trees

Registered Member
angelspeak said:
Yes-yes....that makes sense.....go with that!!!
Makes since to me! Otherwise, you could change the whole description after someone had bidded a thousand, and make it say something very different, and make them have to pay!
Once you get a bid go and add to the description or do an update and see what happens! :)