Reviews Forum

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've seen these on other forums and they tend to work pretty well.

I think there could either be a "User Reviews" section in the entertainment forum or it could be tested by adding a User Reviews sub-forum to either Video Games or Movies. I know members like myself and Italiano enjoy writing reviews and I'm sure others will try as well.

Just a thought, what do you think?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally I'm a fan of this idea, I think we should make a general one though so people can also do reviews of wrestling events or sporting events. I sure would make some. Also I'm sure DLFergurson would love that new section as well. I'm definitely down for this idea.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Shit that's right, I feel bad for forgetting about Ferg, he would love this idea.

I should PM him or something.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
So keep the section more focused on "Entertainment Reviews" I assume? I figure stuff like reviewing a new keyboard could just go under the tech area as it is.

But then again by that same reasoning, why couldn't reviews just go in the existing entertainment areas?

Maybe a [Review] prefix is really all we need. Less re-organization that way.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I would much rather see a prefix like Hybrix suggested than a new sub-forum. The movie section isn't all that cluttered how it is now.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
But then again by that same reasoning, why couldn't reviews just go in the existing entertainment areas?
I think making a separate forum would encourage more people to add their own reviews. Not to mention, the reviews wouldn't crowd the main page of the section that particular review belongs in.

Maybe a [Review] prefix is really all we need. Less re-organization that way.
I like the review prefix idea, but I think a general review forum could be a good way of gauging how many people would participate.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well the thing with the prefix idea is that the search function already supports searching by prefix. If you wanted a list of all the reviews you could just filter by prefix and bam, you have a list of all the reviews.

The thing about making a new forum for it is that people tend to reply to review threads and discuss the movie themselves, turning it into a thread that would have made more sense just to have in movies all along. (Or wherever the review would have been)