Reviews Forum

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Merc, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I've seen these on other forums and they tend to work pretty well.

I think there could either be a "User Reviews" section in the entertainment forum or it could be tested by adding a User Reviews sub-forum to either Video Games or Movies. I know members like myself and Italiano enjoy writing reviews and I'm sure others will try as well.

Just a thought, what do you think?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Personally I'm a fan of this idea, I think we should make a general one though so people can also do reviews of wrestling events or sporting events. I sure would make some. Also I'm sure DLFergurson would love that new section as well. I'm definitely down for this idea.

3. Merc

Shit that's right, I feel bad for forgetting about Ferg, he would love this idea.

I should PM him or something.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

So keep the section more focused on "Entertainment Reviews" I assume? I figure stuff like reviewing a new keyboard could just go under the tech area as it is.

But then again by that same reasoning, why couldn't reviews just go in the existing entertainment areas?

Maybe a [Review] prefix is really all we need. Less re-organization that way.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I would much rather see a prefix like Hybrix suggested than a new sub-forum. The movie section isn't all that cluttered how it is now.

6. Merc

I think making a separate forum would encourage more people to add their own reviews. Not to mention, the reviews wouldn't crowd the main page of the section that particular review belongs in.

I like the review prefix idea, but I think a general review forum could be a good way of gauging how many people would participate.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well the thing with the prefix idea is that the search function already supports searching by prefix. If you wanted a list of all the reviews you could just filter by prefix and bam, you have a list of all the reviews.

The thing about making a new forum for it is that people tend to reply to review threads and discuss the movie themselves, turning it into a thread that would have made more sense just to have in movies all along. (Or wherever the review would have been)