• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Revenge

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Generally discuss the concept of revenge - And answer a few questions, centred around the following hyptohetical point.

If somebody, did something bad to you, or a person you cared for dearly, what would you do in return - if anything.

If it was murder of a family member or whatever, would you hunt them down and eradicate them?
If they burgled you or someone, would you seek them out for a beating?

At what sort of 'wrongdoing' would you flip, and seek vengeance?

Perhaps it could be something small, like someone mouthing off about someone you care about, or spreading a rumour you dislike, or consider a fallacy about you or whoever -- it can be anything.

Are you the sort that would not do anything, considering that you may be 'stooping to their level' as the sayings go?

What do you reckon? What are you like in regards to revenge?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Generally discuss the concept of revenge - And answer a few questions, centred around the following hyptohetical point.

If somebody, did something bad to you, or a person you cared for dearly, what would you do in return - if anything.

If it was murder of a family member or whatever, would you hunt them down and eradicate them?
If they burgled you or someone, would you seek them out for a beating?

At what sort of 'wrongdoing' would you flip, and seek vengeance?

Perhaps it could be something small, like someone mouthing off about someone you care about, or spreading a rumour you dislike, or consider a fallacy about you or whoever -- it can be anything.

Are you the sort that would not do anything, considering that you may be 'stooping to their level' as the sayings go?

What do you reckon? What are you like in regards to revenge?
This reminds me of "I don't get mad, I get even" quote.

If someone did something bad to me, I leave it to karma. It doesn't mean I won't be upset about it, coz I will. I just don't think I should necessarily be bad the same way the person was.

If it was murder, I'd do my best for the authorities to catch him and punish justly. No, I don't believe in capital punishment. It won't bring back my loved ones anyway.

If it's a burglary, I seek to retrieve what is taken from me. Once I have that, and maybe some moral damages, lol, the person should just go to jail for it like everyone else. If it's a friend who stole something, just give it to me back then we can forget abt it including our friendship.

So like I said in the first part, I mostly leave it to karma and authorities than playing the role of personal Avenger. But if my partner sleeps with someone, then I will most likely sleep with another before breaking up -- not so much for revenge but this twisted psych that doing so makes me feel less hurt by his actions (not to be confused by it being forgiveable).

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am not a massive fan of revenge. I don't really believe in "an eye for an eye" but I think it depends on the situation. I would like to believe that if someone I knew was hurt badly by someone else I wouldn't seek revenge by hurting someone else as this will make me as bad as the person who did it to begin with but who knows how anyone would act when it came down to it really. I could never shoot someone for example, I don't believe I have any right to end someone else's life (I would be rubbish in the army) but again, if I was put in a situation I might react differently.

Starfire86

Registered Member
For transgressions against myself that are of an ordinary nature, I find that the best revenge is living well. People who do bad things usually have shitty lives.

But if someone were to hurt my family or friends...well, the results so far have not been good. I have a sharp tongue, a quick wit, and a quicker right hook.

Falsesigh

Registered Member
Well, I guess yes. It is to teach those traitors a lesson. It's for punitive and preventive reasons. I will only be able to forgive those traitors if they regret, but I guess the only way they would feel so is by having them experience the circumstances of what they did. Besides, the virtue I value the most is justice, so justice be done by giving other people what is due for their wrongdoings.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I think revenge is dumb. If someone hurts me, I just forgive them and move on. If I hold a grudge, that anger and hate just stresses me out and depresses me. Then who is suffering right? If I enact revenge, they'll just take revenge on my revenge. It starts an endless cycle. If they hurt me, I just forgive and move on, and the hurt stops. Naturally I take steps to make sure it doesn't happen again, but hate and revenge is not in my repetoire.

laserlight

Registered Member
I always get revenge! i dont let anyone hurt me or my friends and if they try then they will wish they didnt. Justin Biebers friend got bullied for a long time and he got revenge and nobody bullies him now! :D

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I don't think I'd commit a murder on anyone ..whatever they did to me. I used to take revenge on anyone who did something bad to me, but I've gotten rid of that habit now. Sometimes, I think revenge is a waste of time..and just like Smelnick said, it stresses you out.
It's smarter to move on, forgive but not forget!.

BigBob

Registered Member
I'm more likely to take revenge if they hurt my family or friends. When it comes to me, I don't worry too much about myself because if someone doesn't have the balls to do something to my face to me, then they aren't worth going after.

sugar_lump

Registered Member
As far as i'm concerned, revenge is pointless as long as i'm involved. I'm a strong enough person to deal with any crap that anyone can give to me. I can deal with it.
The best revenge is to smile :)

However I have a daughter who is 20 months old and if and anyone was to so much as harm a hair on her head, I will track them down and hurt them. I'm sure any mother would be the same in regards to their children.