Revenge Theory

CycloneTellos

Registered Member
Alright so revenge is one of those things that are seen in multiple ways. So I'm asking you guys, what is your viewpoint on revenge? Is revenge good or bad?

bball4life

Alfred :: Gotham Hero
revenge certainly makes me feel better, but i think it can be good and bad.

its bad if someone wrongs you, and you do the same back. its ok if you are just playing around. like if someone hits you with a water balloon at a water fight, its not wrong to hit them with one back.

CycloneTellos

Registered Member
Ya I'd probably agree with you, there's a quote (I forget who said it) that basically says if you don't let anger out, and you hold it in for too long, it turns into revenge. I wonder how you could let your anger out on a person who is easily moved...

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
For me, you have to be really passionate about something to get revenge. I think it should belong in comic books. You can get back at someone, but revenge is the extreme end of the spectrum.

I don't think I've ever done something to the point of revenge, but I do like to get even on some things. I can't remember the last time I actually "carried out a plan". I usually just get mad, curse at them, stop being friendly, and move on.

Last edited:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't seek revenge. I'd rather let karma take its course and go with either "I told you so!" or the standard *point and laugh.*

manuel

Registered Member
Alright so revenge is one of those things that are seen in multiple ways. So I'm asking you guys, what is your viewpoint on revenge? Is revenge good or bad?

This is a good topic and a hard one to answer because this emotion is hard to control even for disciplined person, my experience with it tells me that it is a disappointing one, it never satisfies us and it makes us feel worst than before we execute it. Forgiveness is a better way to go, but who chooses this one? I have been a complete failure so far, I need to work very hard on this because a I know that revenge is a bad thing.

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
I'd seek revenge if I thought there was good reason for it.
I haven't had any good reasons myself.

The year after I graduated from high school a kid from like 2 grades bellow me raped a 6 year old then went on the run because the cops were looking for him, so were the girl's parents, I honestly think if the girl's parents caught him and did whatever it was they would have done, I couldn't have blamed them.

Course he's rotting in jail now, so thats for the best as far as I'm concerned.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I think revenge is an unavoidable aspect of human nature. With that said, if you become obsessed with it then you'll probably just end up destroying youself in more ways than one.

FulgurousWind

Registered Member
First I wanna say that I am CycloneTellos (had to change my email address because I used the wrong one...)

Anyways I had an experience with revenge recently and it seems like it was a good idea at first but after it was done I felt kinda bad. Revenge satisfies one's initial thoughts buy dissatisfying your thoughts after it has been executed. I guess most things have a way of balancing themselves.