Restlessness

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
Sometimes, when trying to sleep, I just get plain restless. I can't settle down, but when I try to do anything but sleep, I am simply too tired to concentrate. I am sure this is not an uncommon symptom, but I am wondering: what do YOU do to get past it and just effing sleep?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
This might sound kinda weird, but I usually plug in by headphones and listen to my iPod. I'll fall asleep within a matter of minutes while listening to music, otherwise I just end up tossing and turning and looking at the ceiling.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I go through that type of stuff from time to time, it's either because it's to warm or I just keep moving while trying to sleep. Usually, I'll just get up drink some water, maybe put a cold cloth on my face for about 30 seconds, then try going back to sleep again. It works 75% of the time.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
This might sound kinda weird, but I usually plug in by headphones and listen to my iPod. I'll fall asleep within a matter of minutes while listening to music, otherwise I just end up tossing and turning and looking at the ceiling.
I used to sleep with the iPod on but not anymore now. I need total silence.

Saffy

Registered Member
I dont have any bother getting to sleep now, but did when i was younger, i normally read a book to distract my mind:)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I usually have to stay up on the computer until I'm tired enough to fall asleep. My mind can wonder and it causes some distress that will keep me up later than if I just posted for an hour.

Curious_Yellow

Registered Member
If you have a willing provider, sex works wonders.

If you're like me, well, tough luck. If truly desperate, I mean truly, try reading Soren Kierkegaard. Always works, but not sure it's worth the tooth ache it's bound to cause while awake.