"Rest of World" supports Obama

Bananas

Endangered Species
http://www.globescan.com/news_archives/bbc_elec-us08/
ARTICLE said:
All 22 countries in a BBC World Service poll would prefer Democratic nominee Barack Obama elected US president instead of his Republican rival John McCain. Obama is preferred by a four to one margin on average across the 22,000 people polled.

It is a shame that the "Rest of the World" does not get to vote.

Regardless, it seems apparent that the results will determine whether it will be either one step closer to global unification or one step further towards self-inflicted unilateral isolation.

The best view is from outside the fishbowl:lol:

Stab-o-Matic5000

Cutting Edge in Murder
All Countries in BBC Poll Prefer Obama to McCain

It is a shame that the "Rest of the World" does not get to vote.

Regardless, it seems apparent that the results will determine whether it will be either one step closer to global unification or one step further towards self-inflicted unilateral isolation.

The best view is from outside the fishbowl:lol:
Funny that foreign policy is apparently the McCain campaign's strong suit, yet Obama is more liked by foreign countries.

I realize that popularity isn't a barometer for someone's foreign policy experience, but it's still something to think about.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Funny that foreign policy is apparently the McCain campaign's strong suit, yet Obama is more liked by foreign countries.

I realize that popularity isn't a barometer for someone's foreign policy experience, but it's still something to think about.
I had the same thought.

One of the reasons some countries disagree with the US is not because of what it decides to do at home, but because of its foreign policies that affect the world. McCain may have more foreign policy experience but clearly he hasn't learn much from it. He still represents what the world wants the US to stop doing.

Sim

Registered Member
I had the same thought.

One of the reasons some countries disagree with the US is not because of what it decides to do at home, but because of its foreign policies that affect the world. McCain may have more foreign policy experience but clearly he hasn't learn much from it. He still represents what the world wants the US to stop doing.

Couldn't agree more. I'd rather take the candidate with a little less "experience", but who stands for the right policies, than a candidate with a little more "experience", but whose political ideas are dead wrong.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
So the definition of "Rest of the world" is only 22 countries and 22,000 people? How could I have been so foolish to doubt the accuracy of the thread title!

-_-

Sim

Registered Member
So the definition of "Rest of the world" is only 22 countries and 22,000 people? How could I have been so foolish to doubt the accuracy of the thread title!

-_-
Now this is a pointless remark again.

Have you ever heard of "representative polls"? No matter which poll you conduct, you never ask 100% of all people within one country. You pick a representative sample. And when it's balanced according to sociological methods, it will indeed be representative.

That's how polling works, my friend.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Yes, Sim, more obvious facts pointed out again.

Also, for someone who tries to act like he knows how to debate rationally, you should know that starting your post off with a rude attack is not the best way to win someone over.

I know how polls work. My cat knows how polls work. They're just useless and they convince people (for some reason I do not know) that they're accurate. I just think it's amusing that this is even newsworthy.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Obama is also endorsed by Hamas and Cuba... and other enemies of the US... Seems like a sign to me that maybe he's not the right guy for the job.

Why would they like him so much? Maybe because he'll let them get away with whatever they want.

I'm glad the rest of the world can't vote. America would be a lot less safe if they could.

Last edited:
Obama is also endorsed by Hamas and Cuba... and other enemies of the US... Seems like a sign to me that maybe he's not the right guy for the job.

Why would they like him so much? Maybe because he'll let them get away with whatever they want.

I'm glad the rest of the world can't vote. America would be a lot less safe if they could.
I'm pretty sure Obama is anti-Hamas. And as for Cuba it's because he wants to end the embargo on Cuba or something, which I think is a good idea myself.

Last edited by a moderator: