• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Residents 'Trapped' By St Albans Sinkhole

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A sinkhole has opened up in a St Albans cul-de-sac, forcing the evacuation of nearby houses.

Hertfordshire's Fire and Rescue Service had first been made aware of a "small hole" on Wednesday, which was due to be filled in.

But by 1.30am this morning, the sinkhole had opened up substantially.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/homes-evacuated-sinkhole-opens-st-albans-084832710.html#bFq42B4

I would be afraid to stay in the houses close to the sink hole. It could decide to open up even more and take the homes with it.

Seems like there have been reports of a lot of sink holes the last few years, more than usual. Does anyone else think this? Thoughts?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
St Albans, UK? That's where Rebeccaaa lives...that's creepy I was just there last month haha

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
@Millz It's creepy that she lives there now every day, right? You're worried about her and can't sleep? (I'm trying to win you extra points here buddy haha j/k)

I can't imagine this just suddenly appearing like that. In the U.S., at least, we often hear that sinkholes happen in random places like golf courses for example. Millz man can you picture if all of a sudden there was a giant hole in Pat's driveway? Eerie. I hope that the experts saying that this is isolated and not going to expand are correct.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Had no idea that is where Rebeccaaa lives. Happy it didn't' get her.

A man in I believe in Florida has his whole house go down a sink hole, never found him.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Creepy for sure. I asked her about it and her grandma had mentioned to her and its just outside of town. She may drive past it tomorrow and see if she can see it.

Also, she promised me she wouldn't hop near it, just in case.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wonder if some of those old mines around Bonne Terre will cave in one of these days.