• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Outed - PlayStation 3 News at IGN

SOCOM: Confrontation developers Slant Six are now tagged with a seemingly "co-op" RE game due for release in the winter of this year.

For those people who are RE fans, this game is said to be familiar to the Outbreak games back in the day.

Thoughts?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Slant Six.

Ugh.

I really wish they could have gotten some talent for this endeavor. Needless to say, a third person tactical title for Resident Evil sounds boring.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It's Resident Evil, so I'll definitely be playing it when it comes out. Raccoon City, zombies... those things have been missing from the RE for too long (especially zombies). Hopefully more information or a trailer will surface before too long.

I'm still far more interested in hearing about the progress of Resident Evil 6.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
It's Resident Evil, so I'll definitely be playing it when it comes out. Raccoon City, zombies... those things have been missing from the RE for too long (especially zombies). Hopefully more information or a trailer will surface before too long.

I'm still far more interested in hearing about the progress of Resident Evil 6.
Me as well.

Slant Six does not have a good track record, and that worries me, to say the least. I know we will see the first footage either in April or at E3. E3 is going to be an epic time, to say the least. Less than 3 months away.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
That is one awesome game trailer. Capcom knows how to do good promos for their games.

However, I am still not sold. I have never been the biggest RE fan, so this game is off my radar a bit. Once I see some gameplay, I can maybe be sold on at least a rental, but for now, I am not too sure.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I am a huge RE fan, and yes, that was an excellent trailer. I doubt the game will live up to the hype of the trailers but I still think it'll be an entertaining game that's a must-play for me in 2012. I'd even put it as high as #3, behind The Last of Us (if it comes out in '12) & Max Payne (same thing :lol:).

I can't wait to run into a Tyrant, or kill Leon. Haha.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Is there any gameplay out? I haven't been able to find any... :lol:

How does it play? FPS? TPS?