• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Resident Evil 6 Confirmed

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Resident Evil 6 Debut Trailer

Ok. This is an interesting subject, namely since this was almost COMPLETELY out of the blue.

I guess Resident Evil 6 is coming out this November 20th, and will be for 360 and PS3 first, then over the PC "eventually". It is also being produced by the producer of RE4.

Little is known... but I have a link here: Resident Evil 6 Confirmed - PlayStation 3 News at IGN

Thoughts?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I'm guessing that third guy is immune to the virus or something? From what I got from the dialogue anyway.

It might be worth getting, If only to drool over Leon...

Konshentz

Konshentz
I am ridiculously excited for this. I've been waiting since just after beating RE5 for news on this game. 2012 will be one hell of a year for the Resident Evil franchise. This, RE:ORC, Revelations & the new CGI movie.

The trailer looked awesome. Are we going to be able to play as three different characters? Looks like we get regular zombies back... which is great, regardless of how much of the game they take up.

This just shot to the top of my must-buy list.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
This trailer had me at actual zombies. Actual goddamn zombies again, hot damn.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I now have a boner on and it won't be gone until 11/20/12 when I have it in my hands. This games looks incredible and having actual zombies is a plus.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Glad to see some excitement.

Here's what I got from the trailer:

- Three protagonists with partners (Leon, Chris, some new guy)
- Leon's third of the campaign is extremely traditional RE gameplay
- Chris's is like RE5 and RE4 (Plagas infected and very heavy action)
- New guy is a lot faster, and a lot of hand-to-hand action... which is odd
- More context-sensitive actions and the like

I am excited, but I am still undecided if this is a first day purchase for me.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Glad to see some excitement.

Here's what I got from the trailer:

- Three protagonists with partners (Leon, Chris, some new guy)
- Leon's third of the campaign is extremely traditional RE gameplay
- Chris's is like RE5 and RE4 (Plagas infected and very heavy action)
- New guy is a lot faster, and a lot of hand-to-hand action... which is odd
- More context-sensitive actions and the like
I'm most excited for Leon's part. Not only because there are regular zombies again but because he's also my favorite character. Ha.

I am excited, but I am still undecided if this is a first day purchase for me.
Seeing as you're not a HUGE Resident Evil fan, I'll give you a pass on this sentence. :lol:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I like Resident Evil, don't get me wrong, but I have plenty of other games that I will be playing... and I still don't have plenty of time to play them (especially when at school).

I'm sure I will end up playing it sometime, but it is always too hard to tell.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Here's some more info that came out the day after the article linked in the OP.

Resident Evil 6: 24 Hours Later - PlayStation 3 Feature at IGN

First, the developers confirmed the third character, a mercenary whose identity is currently unknown. Capcom wouldn't confirm the character's name, but our sources indicate that the character is related to a major Resident Evil character in some manner.
Much speculation has surrounded the identity of the unnamed mercenary character's companion, a blonde woman. Many people have theorized that the character is Ashley Graham due to the story's involvement of the president, who may or may not be President Graham. However, our sources have confirmed to us that the character is actually Sherry Birkin, daughter of Resident Evil 2's villain, William Birkin.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Thanks to the Internet, I can't stop seeing the "6" in that trailer as a woman giving a giraffe a blowjob.