Nintendo Resident Evil 4: Gamecube or Wii

Turbo

Registered Member
This game was originally released on the GC and really showed what that system was capable of doing. RE4 was rereleased for the Wii and the only major difference, that I'm aware of, is the controls.

Now I have not played it on either system due to my disability limiting the games I play based on controls but it seems to me that the Wii version would result in better overall play with its control scheme of aim and shoot as opposed to the GC version of hold button/attempt to aim/shoot controls.

This game was originally released on the GC and really showed what that system was capable of doing. RE4 was rereleased for the Wii and the only major difference, that I'm aware of, is the controls.
There's another difference. the Wii version has the PRL (Plagas Removal Laser) available as a weapon. It's available if you beat the game on pro mode. I have the GC version and the Wii version. Personally, though, I like the gamecube version better. I'm lazy like that XD

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I like using the Wii Mote, so I like the Wii version, but nothing will beat the original . . . except 5.

If you have a choice, you might as well go with the Wii version since it has all the extra bonus content that the GameCube version lacked. Plus, aiming with the wiimote is certainly preferable to me (although Metroid did it a billion times better). Either way it's a great game, but don't short change yourself on this one.

Greywolf

Registered Member
Personally, I liked the Wii one better. Other than controls, it offered the Separate ways mode from the PS2. The mercenaries is also there... I like both versions a lot either way.

The GameCube version was great, so if all these people are saying the Wii version is better... defintely go with that.

Ah, I still need to play 5.