Reservations

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Lets say you call a restaurant for reservations, but the person tells you they don't take any reservations. Does that make you choose to go another restaurant or you'll take a chance of going there still?

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I've never been one for reservations and I know which restaurants are usually busy so it really just depends on where I want to eat at.

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Depends what day of the week/time it is. I know a lot of places get absolutely rammed so you could be waiting a long time. I'd probably find a place that did take a booking if I was eating out with a group of people. If it was just me and my boyfriend then I'd probably take my chances.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It depends on the restaurant but usually a restaurant that is special often takes reservations (in fact some would only allow if you reserved in advance). There are some that are just popular but it's a first come first served basis. If I'm hanging out with some friends who don't mind the wait, then we still go there. But if I'm reserving the restaurant because I'll be with a large group, if reservations aren't available, it's better to find another resto that does it. It's hard to seat a large group, just by walk in, unless the nobody eats much there (and that can be a bad sign haha).

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I'd probably take a chance and go anyway. Unless the place wasn't near any other restaurants that I could use as a back-up, or it was time when I know the place will be busy. Just depends, really.

Babe_Ruth likes this.
  6. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I would most probably just go to a different restaurant, unless I really liked the place and really wanted to go there. If it's like a Saturday, I would go to a different place, but if it was a week day I might chance it.

7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

It depends on how much of a hurry I am in, and who I am with. If I am with someone who doesn't like to drink, then the wait would bother me and I would want to go somewhere else. If I am with someone who likes to drink, then it's no big deal to go hang out in the bar until a table is ready.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I've never made reservations but if they were full up, I would just find another restaurant unless it was terribly important.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Well I know just about every restaurant I go to on a decent level, so I'll know generally when the busiest hours are. Normally this is part of the decision making when we try to figure out what we wanna do to eat and we dont have Reservations. Normally we'll just deal with it and take the 30 minute wait in stride ya know, especially if the place is good and we have a huge craving for it. Normally the Elephant Bar is the only place we ever really do that for. Everywhere else is expendable...

10. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

Usually I book in advance but if I had my heart set on a fully booked restaurant, I accept it and try another.