Research on Remote access/control

Discussion in 'Computers' started by KLow, Aug 8, 2010.

1. KLow

KLow New Member

Hi Guys, i am doing some research on 'How Remote access/control can bring benefit to an organisation'?
    Can anyone here share your knowledge or experience with me? Like benefit to IT industrial, your company or even to yourself?
    I am working in a IT company and I still remember about 4 - 5 years ago, my company tried on some customers but some of them felt insecure about it, some suspected about hacking into their network. But now, remote access/control have been very common method to solve most of the PC problems.. other benefit including my manager sometime lazy to show up to work, just log in from home to do some office work..... (Lucky him..:-/). ..... but thanks god, no major complaint so far from client.

2. fractal

fractal Eye see what you did ther

Remote access is used in my college to check computers when suspicious activity is detected in the network. When I did my internship, it was used to configure a particular application and resolve issues. Someone from across the internet remote accessed my system and helped me configure a VPN using Hamachi. Remote access is awesome provided it's voluntary.

3. akefuyung

akefuyung Registered Member

i use remote access to do my personal things on my computer while using a public computer. As of now I'm writing this forum from a public computer through my computer. Being that said if I ever surf the web on my computer the public computer doesn't get effected in terms of accidentally downloading a virus. I also use remote desktop to teach my niece and nephew how to use a linux machine.

4. Swim2

Swim2 New Member

Remote access software can be extremly useful for an enterprise. First, sysadmins can help users faster, then people can work from home.You can find more information about benefits on Radmin remote control website, they have a special page about business processes optimization with remote access tools.

5. Arathald

Arathald Registered Member

I work for a large corporation (well, technically, I don't start for another week and a half, but I interned there last summer, so I was able to get a feel for it and observe). All full-time employees receive remote access to the corporate network. This allows employees to access their computers and work from home whenever they want. My roommate last year (who is a full-time employee) frequently uses this when he has an idea that he wants to try out right away, as an alternative to having to go into the office. This also works well for emergencies, when a key person is out of the office or on vacation (generally, a few people will have knowledge of any particular system, but, of course, there will always be one person who knows it best or who can fix it most quickly).

6. Mr-DEV

Mr-DEV New Member

I work for a large firm doing software development. We have to troubleshoot via live meeting alot of times if we cannot reproduce the error. Remote access is very import to the it world.