• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Rescue Me Season 5

Ryuk

Registered Member
Tomorrow night what I consider the best TV show on the air today returns after a near two year hiatus, Michael J Fox will be guest starring for a couple of weeks as Janets new boyfriend, and supposedly the "consipracy theories" behind 9/11 will play a major part of the story at least for the start of the season.

Discuss.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I am pumped for this! I love this show, me and my sister have watched it religiously for years. Unfortunately, she won't be able to watch it, as she joined the marines and left me alone to watch our favorite show. Well, I'll tape it and send it to her...

I'm excited for some of the new storylines I've read and I'm a huge fan of Michael J. Fox. Anyone know how long his story arc will be?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Great show. I hope they do a pretty good "previously on" because it's been so long I really can't remember what has transpired anymore. I would watch them again, but I don't have the time.

Ryuk

Registered Member
Great show. I hope they do a pretty good "previously on" because it's been so long I really can't remember what has transpired anymore. I would watch them again, but I don't have the time.
Ok recap of Season 4:

Tommy and Janet are, as usual, on again off again. Most of their story cenetering around her newborn son and who the father really is, Tommy or Johnny's. Tommy also has to contend with Colleen running away from home to live with her rock singer boyfriend who Tommy of course hates. And Sheila attempts to buy the baby from Tommy and Janet.

Jerry has a mild heart attack while on the job which he survives but is told that he can no longer actively serve, so he's given a desk job. Displeased with this, he then takes his own life.

Lou's relationship with the ex-nun goes to shit when he catches her having sex with his cousin (Artie Lang), who in turn starts dating a black woman Latrina and out of revenge Lou starts fooling around with her, but the cousin saw it coming a million miles away and isn't fazed by it.

Franco's relationship with Natalie progresses to the point where he proposes and she accepts, but he still has a longing for Alicia which causes alot of friction. Eventually she calls a time out and starts dating some "Ashton Kutcher jerk" from Chicago, and while taking a trip there she asks Franco to watch Richie out of fear that he'll run off with another retarded woman from the center he goes to.

We have a new firefighter Bart who's brought in as a ringer for Lou and Franco's basketball team, however he's made a deal where he's absolved of all probie work and he wants to be called Sean. The crew calls him Black Sean to distinguish between him and Sean Garrity but Black Sean doesn't like this, and not surprisingly enough Tommy doesn't like the guy or the fact that he's been absolved of all probie work.

Sean and Maggies marriage goes to shit, not really surprising, as she's constantly drunk off her ass (at one point she thinks she in France when she's in Montreal) and ultimately while Sean wants to try to make it work Maggie decides to go ahead with the divorce he wanted early in the season.

Near the end of the season Tommy starts "joy riding" with the ladder when it isn't his shift wearing Jimmys jacket and making saves, thus some of the other firefighters think they're seeing "The Ghost Of Jimmy Keefe" on the job. This drives Sheila into hysterics and she confesses that she wants Tommy because he's the closest thing to Jimmy.

The season ends with the new chief writing up Tommy for Section 8 (that he's nuts), Sheila finding Jimmys jacket in Tommys locker area, Franco marrying Richie and his girlfriend to get back at Natalie, Janet finding the baby's ear piereced (by Sheila, thus giving away that Tommy's been giving Sheila the kid against her wishes after she tried to buy him), Coleen attending a picnic with Black Sean who's looking to get under Tommy's skin as much as possible, and Tommy's dad dying while they're attending a Newark Bears game.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
That's a great recap, thanks. I honestly couldn't remember anything.

I'm sad all over again about the chief. :( And I can't remember who Alicia is either. Sheila is just freaking nuts, always has been.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Susan Sarandons character, Franco's former lover and the woman who now takes care of his daughter.
Oh right, thanks. I had completely forgotten about that.

Pretty good episode tonight. MJF really didn't get as much air time as I thought that he would. Is Janet dating him? I don't think they really answered that.

I hope Sean isn't hurt that bad. And I hope the new chief gets in trouble for that guy dying in the building. That was really sad.

Ryuk

Registered Member
Pretty good episode tonight. MJF really didn't get as much air time as I thought that he would. Is Janet dating him? I don't think they really answered that.
From everything I read he's supposed to be Janets new boyfriend. I also didn't count on Valarie (Gina Gershon in all her hotness) being back.

Only thing missing tonight was my concept idea of having Richie walk by a TV with Obama on and saying the magic word, other than that it was an outstanding start to the season. Bootsy The Pantry Shitter FTW!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MissMe Pets 5
Sophia Pets 1
C Pets 1
hepismis Pets 4
Konshentz Movies & TV 8