Request: Bread Machine Quickbread?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by katharina, Oct 15, 2006.

1. katharina

katharina Registered Member

I have a jar of yeast for a while now (does that stuff get outdated?) and I've
    only used it once. I'd really like to start using my bread machine again...
    anyone have an easy quickbread or regular bread recipe for a bread
    machine? :confused:

2. palefrost

palefrost Registered Member

Ive always used the bread mix that is made for those mashines. After a while i graduated out of my bread mashines into real clay ovan type style. I can buy the mixes right in the store and make a nice loaf in my clay pot in the oven. It comes out soooo nice.

3. katharina

katharina Registered Member

I've mostly gotten the mixes, too. So far my favorite has been the Hawaiian Sweet Bread. The last few times I used the machine, I had a problem with the loaf wanting to stick to the sides of the baking pan. That's probably why I packed it away for a while and haven't gotten it back out again, come to think of it.

4. SouthernGal

SouthernGal Registered Member

I must admit that I, too, use the mixes. They are SO easy, and there are so many different types to try! Just go to the bread mix aisle at your store, and it will boggle your mind!

I loved a cinnamon one that we tried. I added raisins, and extra cinnamon and a touch of sugar. O-M-G, it was so delish!

Plus, nothing makes my house smell more heavenly than freshly baked bread!

5. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

I'd have to look, but my bread recipe is for from-scratch, not for a machine. I can still post it, if you want it, though :)