Reputations

Hiei

The Hierophant
I simply don't understand the rep system. I've asked about it a few times and I know it doesn't actually mean anything, but I don't get how the numbers work.

And along the same lines, what does it actually take to get you to rep someone?

Personally, I don't rep people very often and it has to be a DAMNED good post to get me to rep. What about you? What the fuck makes you tick?

I have no idea how the numbers crunch together either tbh. The problem (if you see it as one) with the system is that there's no official or enforced guidelines for its use. It's value can be any thing from playful, political or respectful. Unfortunately, you can't differentiate them from pure numbers so really the whole thing has to be taken with a big pinch of salt. It's just a bit of fun, not to be taken seriously or as a mark of anything significant. How you treat it will influence how valuable your rep really is though and that's the most important thing.

Personally, if I rep someone it's because their post stood out in some way. Intellectually, insightfully, humorously - in no order. It depends what mood I'm in and what I was looking for at that moment.

Last edited:

Clear_Note

Demon King/Sith Warrior
I rep people when their post is really funny or smart.

I neg people when their post is just so stupid I facepalm.

Rep is also for the rep wars that happen everyone once in a while.

Rep power (how much rep you give with one rep) is dependent on your level, your awards, etc.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I just randomly go through posts and rep everybody in the thing and do that to a couple threads sometimes in a day.

I usually rep people if their post made an especially good point or were funny. Rep often doesn't really get used as a measure of good posts, though. It tends to turn into a popularity contest of sorts.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I simply don't understand the rep system. I've asked about it a few times and I know it doesn't actually mean anything, but I don't get how the numbers work.
I get that your max rep goes up when your level does but the whole 30/30 rep power thing that I have confuses me because it goes up and down all the time.

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I dont fully understand the system either.

I only rep people when the particular post either made me laugh or was what I considered well put together.

I hardly ever neg because everyone here gets so Ass hurt over a little otherwise meaningless red dot in their rep column. Even if its a deserving neg... members still cry to the mods like a kid running to the lunch duty lady cause little johnny threw sand in their eyes.

I've yet to see someone sack up and actually take constructive criticism via a Neg. But it seems like every month we get at least 2 or 3 threads saying "Hey why did you neg me, thats such BS, wee wee wee all the way home."

Hiei

The Hierophant
Let it be known, that I used to bitch about not getting neg'd. I've since stopped caring about if it's pos or neg.