• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Republicans eat each other

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Glenn Beck Set to Reveal Name of Republican Senator Who Allegedly Called FreedomWorks Supporters ‘Traitors’ | TheBlaze.com
Turning to the audience, Beck remarked: “Tomorrow I will, on the radio program, be giving you the name of the senator who said, if you are standing with FreedomWorks or the Senate Conservatives Fund, you are a traitor.”
Please be Lindsey Graham. There Tea-Party candidates here in SC that will make Ted Cruz look like Hugo Chavez. lol. And they can win against Graham.

dDave

V.I.P.
There are 46 Republican senators and we can only be sure about a handful of them.

Given that we already know it's a Republican senator that said it, I really hope it's Lindsey Graham as well, I've never liked him. I honestly wish that the mainstream GOP would just give up, they're too much like the Democrats to win an election or do anything useful. I wish the party would make way for the Tea Party because that's what I (and many others) hope the future of America is.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
So its Mitch McConnell that called the Tea-Party traitors? Personally, I'm no fan of McConnell but that's hard to believe. But I've also listened to Beck long enough to know that he wouldn't say something like this without proof. :-/

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
This shutdown was a buffet of Republicans eating each other. The things said about Cruz from guys like Peter King and John McCain were horrible. I don't think we've been this close to a real 3rd party that could challenge the presidency in a long time. It may be time for it.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
So its Mitch McConnell that called the Tea-Party traitors? Personally, I'm no fan of McConnell but that's hard to believe. But I've also listened to Beck long enough to know that he wouldn't say something like this without proof. :-/
I always find it funny when members of the Tea Party are referred to as "radicals" or "traitors". Last time I checked none of them sat in a church for 20 years while their preacher said things like "GD America". Last time I checked none of them started off their political careers in the home of a known terrorist. Oh but I forgot, the guy that DID all those things is just "SO SMART" and thus is should be ignored. Mitch McConnell can jump ship and change his political party affiliation, and McCain too, at least we will know where their loyalties lie.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Mitch McConnell can jump ship and change his political party affiliation, and McCain too, at least we will know where their loyalties lie.
To me, this is why the Republican party is not only plummeting in approval ratings every year but why as a whole they are falling apart and losing cohesion, this pea-brained concept of unflinching loyalty regardless of all other things. Not only that, but the idea that people apparently cannot change their minds or disagree with at least one part of a party's philosophy.

This shutdown was a failure of amazing proportions for both parties and proves that none of them really give a shit when it comes to the common folk. We lost tons of jobs and money but these guys are still in office somehow.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
To me, this is why the Republican party is not only plummeting in approval ratings every year but why as a whole they are falling apart and losing cohesion, this pea-brained concept of unflinching loyalty regardless of all other things. Not only that, but the idea that people apparently cannot change their minds or disagree with at least one part of a party's philosophy.

This shutdown was a failure of amazing proportions for both parties and proves that none of them really give a shit when it comes to the common folk. We lost tons of jobs and money but these guys are still in office somehow.
I never said their loyalties should be to a party, my comment was their loyalty should be to the Constitution. MY loyalty is to the Constitution, I took an oath to uphold the Constitution and I take that oath very seriously. Guys like McConnell and McCain don't care about the Constitution, they don't care about the rule of law. What they care about is getting reelected.

I'm sorry but the media is 100% complicit in this. BY LAW ALL bills that need approval for funding MUST originate in the House. That part of the government is run by the Republican Party. Those people in that party don't want to fund the ACA. Not funding bills has been done for 224 years, except NOW when it is done and there are no negotiations the media calls Republicans "terrorists" and "taking the US hostage" and Obama says things like "I will not negotiate with a gun to my head" and the citizenry buys it and demonizes Republicans for doing EXACTLY what every other House of Representatives have done for 224 years. So guys like them bend and give in rather than sticking to the rule of law.

THAT is why the Republican Party has lost support. Because the media, and the Democratic Party, has done a great job at demonizing the Republicans as racist, as terrorists, as hostage takers, and we have an country full of uninformed morons who buy what the Left and what the media is selling.

Nevermind the fact that McConnell called the Tea Party traitors. It seems HE has the problem with just disagreeing which you seemed to have a problem with the rest of the Republican Party of doing.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I never said their loyalties should be to a party, my comment was their loyalty should be to the Constitution. MY loyalty is to the Constitution, I took an oath to uphold the Constitution and I take that oath very seriously. Guys like McConnell and McCain don't care about the Constitution, they don't care about the rule of law. What they care about is getting reelected.

I'm sorry but the media is 100% complicit in this. BY LAW ALL bills that need approval for funding MUST originate in the House. That part of the government is run by the Republican Party. Those people in that party don't want to fund the ACA. Not funding bills has been done for 224 years, except NOW when it is done and there are no negotiations the media calls Republicans "terrorists" and "taking the US hostage" and Obama says things like "I will not negotiate with a gun to my head" and the citizenry buys it and demonizes Republicans for doing EXACTLY what every other House of Representatives have done for 224 years. So guys like them bend and give in rather than sticking to the rule of law.

THAT is why the Republican Party has lost support. Because the media, and the Democratic Party, has done a great job at demonizing the Republicans as racist, as terrorists, as hostage takers, and we have an country full of uninformed morons who buy what the Left and what the media is selling.

Nevermind the fact that McConnell called the Tea Party traitors. It seems HE has the problem with just disagreeing which you seemed to have a problem with the rest of the Republican Party of doing.
I think it's ridiculous that people in Washington are letting others publicly bully them into giving them what they want. If they're teaching any lesson for the future it's that they're going to be spineless cowards that don't know how to stand up for the point they claim to make (this gives the Left a substantial amount of power even if it doesn't look like it on paper). It's been done this way for 224 years like you said, why give up now? Why suddenly change the status quo?

I fully agree about McConnel. He's the one that expects people to be loyal to the Republican Party (and his views) it's not the other way around.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think it's ridiculous that people in Washington are letting others publicly bully them into giving them what they want. If they're teaching any lesson for the future it's that they're going to be spineless cowards that don't know how to stand up for the point they claim to make (this gives the Left a substantial amount of power even if it doesn't look like it on paper). It's been done this way for 224 years like you said, why give up now? Why suddenly change the status quo?

I fully agree about McConnel. He's the one that expects people to be loyal to the Republican Party (and his views) it's not the other way around.
The change is because Obama is president and to disagree with Obama means your reputation and career will be destroyed. My earlier comments have nothing to do with party loyalty, McConnell is free to disagree with other Republicans, my comment was about throwing certain Republicans under the bus for political expediency. His loyalty isn't to his constituents, his loyalty is to his seat in Congress. Same as McCain and Graham. Their loyalty isn't to the Constitution, it's to not incur the wrath of the media and the Democratic Party.

If I were in Congress I would stand by my principles and vote to defund the ACA no matter what the consequences would be, because the consequences of the Act will be much harder on the American people.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
If I were in Congress I would stand by my principles and vote to defund the ACA no matter what the consequences would be, because the consequences of the Act will be much harder on the American people.
There are a handful of Senators that believe this. Cruz and a few others. Cruz is like Obama, look at his father to see who he really is. (One father was persecuted and escaped Communism, the other was a Communist.)

In the 90s, the Republican party was always asking me for money saying if they had a little more power they could open ANWR for drilling. In 2002 in addition to having the Congress and the President, we were at war with the people we import oil from, gas was rising and we the had the most friendly oil administration ever. They didn't vote on ANWR once. ANWR was just a fundraising mechanism.

For most Republicans, the same is true for ObamaCare, that's why they hate Cruz. Again today I heard a Repub call him a traitor.

I'm still not sure if another party is the way to go, but Cruz will never get support from the GOP to run so if he does decide that may be the only way.