• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Republican Presidential Debate - December 15, 2015

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cruz said "we will not be admitting jihadists as refugees". Well, there you have it. And Carson calls for the shortest moment of silence in world history.

Jeb makes a great shot and then when Trump goes after him he looks like he might cry.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I stopped watching after the first 30 minutes because it was becoming way too repetitive and predictable. It was mostly a lot of fear mongering coming from Christie, Bush, and Rubio, Trump talking about how great he is and how Americans love everything he says, Fiorina talking about how technology and the private sector is the solution for all of the world's problems, and Carson not knowing what the hell he's talking about.

I did enjoy Cruz and Paul going after Rubio. They are the winners based on what I watched. Wish Paul got more opportunities to speak.

I'll probably read a summary of the debate later to see what else went down.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Did Carson just say killing civilians was "merciful"?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Not long now until Trump is in power. I called this one right. First we get another arrogant white republican, then when we flip over to the left again, it will be a female at the helm. It'll be at least 4 years before we get to see if the 2nd part of my prediction is accurate, unless of course Trump gets impeached in the meantime. :D Congratulations America! You're now part of the Trump empire!

- Cham

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
After this last debate. Trump, Cruz and Carson are all in favor of killing innocent civilians in the fight against ISIS.
Unbelievable

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
This whole election, particularly on the Republican side, has turned into "Which candidate has the most aggressive foreign policy?" Now it seems like they're all just trying to one-up each other. "I'll drop more bombs, kill more civilians, and collect more data on American citizens than anyone else! Nevermind the Geneva Convention and the Constitution! Obama hasn't kept America safe! I will! Vote for me!"

That's what I mean about the fear mongering. That's all I heard last night during the debate. They want to build this thing up way bigger than it really is to get Americans living in fear so that the government can justify using more extreme measures than are actually needed.

I'm not saying there is no terrorist threat. But it's hardly the biggest issue we face here in America. You're more likely to get killed by a lightning strike than a terrorist attack. And lightning strikes are pretty low down on the list of leading causes of death.

Rand Paul is the only semi-sane candidate we have.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't been able to watch this yet but I've been reading Cruz may be in trouble over talking about classified information. Something about how we can track 100% of terrorists phone calls now when before we could only track up to 30%.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
After this last debate. Trump, Cruz and Carson are all in favor of killing innocent civilians in the fight against ISIS.
Unbelievable
And you know who else is on board with that? The American public.

A-bombing we will go, A-bombing we will go, once we let Trump run the show, a-bombing we will go.
(I wonder if all those iterations of the word bomb have gotten this post flagged by the NSA) :D

- Cham

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Didn't want to start a new thread, so decided to put it here instead.

This is kind of funny, kind of sad:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...agrabah-disney-aladdin-donald-trump?CMP=fb_us

Almost one-third of Republican primary voters would support bombing the fictional kingdom of Agrabah, according to a report released by Public Policy Polling on Friday.

More than 530 Republican primary voters were polled this week on their support for Republican candidates and foreign policy issues including banning Muslims from entering the US, Japanese internment camps from the second world war and bombing Agrabah, the kingdom from Disney’s animated classic, Aladdin.

In its poll, Public Policy Polling asked the 532 Republicans: “Would you support or oppose bombing Agrabah?” While 57% of responders said they were not sure, 30% said they supported bombing it. Only 13% opposed it.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don't know about that being struck by lightning odds. Sure, statistically speaking more people have been struck by lightning, but only because they haven't been able to kill Americans, thus far, as they would like.

Make no mistake, they are coming. People can call it fear mongering all they want, I call it reality. They have a definite clear purpose, to bring about a world wide caliphate. It's all in their end times prophesy. Like the vast majority of Christians most Muslims are waiting to see when it happens. These Muslims aren't. We can sit around and pretend there are bigger threats if we wish, it doesn't change the fact that they are coming.

The last seven years of having a "light footprint" foreign policy has been disaterous. While I like Rand Paul a lot, he seems to subscribe to that same foreign policy.