• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Republican homepage versus Democratic homepage

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.

Warning: Big picture!

So what do you think this says about the mentality of both parties?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think it says one party is pissed off because of the recent healthcare bill that was passed and the other party isn't.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
More specifically against the will of the American people. The conservative base in this country (in both parties) are livid beyond belief that the "ruling class" basically ignored us and spit in our face. Like it or not, America is a center right nation.

The Republicans have every right to be pissed off.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
More specifically against the will of the American people.
I feel like a jerk but Pro, you did see the results of the last election, right? You can't just keep saying "against the American people" with no evidence or proof whatsoever. Just because you want something doesn't mean we all don't want it either.

The conservative base in this country (in both parties) are livid beyond belief that the "ruling class" basically ignored us and spit in our face. Like it or not, America is a center right nation.

The Republicans have every right to be pissed off.
So we're supposed to just suck it up and listen to you guys? A lot of good that did us from 2000-2008. I think the differences speak more to party demeanor than anything. Right wingers tend to be a lot more aggressive and short tempered. You really can't debate that when looking at political events in the past years. Almost all of the rude or inappropriate outbursts or racial comments (even sex scandals) seem to come from the right. That's not to say the left is perfect, they're a bunch of babies.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I hope you're not suggesting Republicans are more immature and more aggressive than Democrats simply because of what is on their internet web page? Let's face it, right now one party is in power and the other isn't. The Republican web page is tame compared to the crap that was spewed between 2000-2008 yet I wouldn't make blanket statements regarding all Democrats.

I saw the results of the last election, that doesn't necessarily translate into a mandate to do whatever anyone wants without political repurcussions. Maybe it is what the people want, maybe it isn't. Maybe we'll find out in the upcoming elections.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I hope you're not suggesting Republicans are more immature and more aggressive than Democrats simply because of what is on their internet web page? Let's face it, right now one party is in power and the other isn't. The Republican web page is tame compared to the crap that was spewed between 2000-2008 yet I wouldn't make blanket statements regarding all Democrats.
I never said immature.

Also, I wasn't judging by just their webpage. I typed a whole paragraph as to why I called them overly aggressive. It's also because their party is a shit hole right now and they're looking for leadership. Desperation, if you will.

I saw the results of the last election, that doesn't necessarily translate into a mandate to do whatever anyone wants without political repurcussions. Maybe it is what the people want, maybe it isn't. Maybe we'll find out in the upcoming elections.
I just get annoyed by this "I'm the voice of the people" crap you hear from people regarding politics. I don't claim my opinion to be the most important or representative of the people yet constantly I hear this, "the American people don't want this," and "Americans don't want that" it just gets bothersome.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I dislike when one side or the other speaks of the healthcare bill being "for" or "against" the American People's Will. It was pretty much a 50/50 split. Polls everywhere are showing different results, but they're always very close.

I hate the negativity in politics, so I'd have to go with the current Democratic Party page. If there's another paradigm shift in Washington, as there always is, and the attitude of the home pages shifts, I'd go with the GOP I'm sure.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
this is every poll on ObamaCare:
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Obama and Democrats' Health Care Plan

Its actually not an even close to 50/50. Obama admitted it was unpopular, but claimed it was the right thing to do.
Does this one count for anything in your book, then? Looks at the Poor, Young, and Uninsured.

Majority of Poor, Young, Uninsured Back Healthcare Bill
------
NOTE*: Sorry guys, I've gotten really off of the original topic. After that last post, I won't deviate any more.

Last edited: