'Reps' feast or famine..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DinoFlintstone, Dec 2, 2009.

1. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

Have you ever noticed here and/or at other sites, you can go X amount of time with no reps [good, bad or neutral] then all of a sudden you get many, be it for one post or lots of different posts?

That happens a lot with me. It doesn't matter if they are good or bad. I tend to get a group of them, but not always for the same post, then I don't get any at all for ages.

Maybe it's like a chain reaction, someone 'spreads the love' which inspires the recipiant to do the same.

And that's that.

Impact and Sim like this.

2. Sim

Sim Registered Member

I just gave you a good rep for this posting. ;)

I noticed that too, but I think it's because I don't post regularly, and whenever I spend some more time posting and give several reps, I then get several of them in return, while when I'm not posting for a while, of course I don't get reps then. So it makes sense to me.

DinoFlintstone and Impact like this.
  3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

yeah i've noticed it but i don't get surprised. it doesn't mean you have to be repped everyday. [whether positively or negatively].
    it depends on the mood you're in when you write, that makes people rep you. the mood is not the same everyday, thus the amount of reps won't be the same everyday.

4. DinoFlintstone

Yeah, I thought about that, but the flaw is that you can be in the same mood all the time, and still get reps one week, and not the next, then maybe get them again the following week. I've had 'good' and 'bad' for the same threads quite often.

N.B
    It's not an issue, but an observation.

5. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

I have my dry months connected to my activity. The more random stuff I post the more rep.

As a side note, where's Swift?

Major and Impact like this.
  6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

no, I pretty much get repped every day. The amount however is the only thing that changes. Some days it'll be 1 or 2 reps... other days it'll be upwards of 6 or more.

I suppose I'm in a constant Rep Feast :eyebrow: ..........but on the other hand, I spread alot of rep myself....alot of rep.

Jeanie and Impact like this.
  7. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Same as ice. I generally get 1-2 reps a day. Then some days i'll get a shit load. The other day I got something crazy like 9 in one day. It's a rare day that I don't get at least one rep. So no, I don't really notice a 'rep famine'

DinoFlintstone likes this.
  8. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I generally get rep like, once or twice a month in groups of three.

EDIT: I HAVE NOW RECEIVED EXACTLY 3 REP ON THIS POST.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
    Major, Bliss and Impact like this.
  9. DinoFlintstone

Bloody hell @ the 2 'positive rep' magnets above^^^ lol Fair play. :)

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

When my activity drops I don't get a lot of rep. I used to get "random rep" which I'm glad has stopped. My favourite rep comments are where people laugh at something I've said. I have noticed that the same group of people appreciate certain type of posts I make.

Major, Malificus and Impact like this.