'Reps' feast or famine..

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
Have you ever noticed here and/or at other sites, you can go X amount of time with no reps [good, bad or neutral] then all of a sudden you get many, be it for one post or lots of different posts?

That happens a lot with me. It doesn't matter if they are good or bad. I tend to get a group of them, but not always for the same post, then I don't get any at all for ages.

Maybe it's like a chain reaction, someone 'spreads the love' which inspires the recipiant to do the same.

And that's that.

Sim

Registered Member
I just gave you a good rep for this posting. ;)

I noticed that too, but I think it's because I don't post regularly, and whenever I spend some more time posting and give several reps, I then get several of them in return, while when I'm not posting for a while, of course I don't get reps then. So it makes sense to me.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
yeah i've noticed it but i don't get surprised. it doesn't mean you have to be repped everyday. [whether positively or negatively].
it depends on the mood you're in when you write, that makes people rep you. the mood is not the same everyday, thus the amount of reps won't be the same everyday.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
yeah i've noticed it but i don't get surprised. it doesn't mean you have to be repped everyday. [whether positively or negatively].
it depends on the mood you're in when you write, that makes people rep you. the mood is not the same everyday, thus the amount of reps won't be the same everyday.

Yeah, I thought about that, but the flaw is that you can be in the same mood all the time, and still get reps one week, and not the next, then maybe get them again the following week. I've had 'good' and 'bad' for the same threads quite often.

N.B
It's not an issue, but an observation.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
no, I pretty much get repped every day. The amount however is the only thing that changes. Some days it'll be 1 or 2 reps... other days it'll be upwards of 6 or more.

I suppose I'm in a constant Rep Feast :eyebrow: ..........but on the other hand, I spread alot of rep myself....alot of rep.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Same as ice. I generally get 1-2 reps a day. Then some days i'll get a shit load. The other day I got something crazy like 9 in one day. It's a rare day that I don't get at least one rep. So no, I don't really notice a 'rep famine'

Bliss

Sally Twit
When my activity drops I don't get a lot of rep. I used to get "random rep" which I'm glad has stopped. My favourite rep comments are where people laugh at something I've said. I have noticed that the same group of people appreciate certain type of posts I make.