Reprensenting your country?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright one of the biggest issues right now in hockey is that NHL players were told they wouldn't be able to compete in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Russia. Two of the best players have come out and said they don't care what the NHL said their going to represent their home country in the olympics.

Lets say you played one of the four major sports and you were in the same boat and you were told you weren't allowed to represent your country. What would you do? Would you play or listen to your Commish?

Two things to consider:

-The Olympics would be your home country
-The Olympics would be during your regular season.

Doesn't matter which sport it is, lets just pretend the four major sports were included in the Olympics.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I would compete in the Olympics unless there was a clause in my contract that said I couldn't. The NHL should just take a short break while the Olympics are going on.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would LOVE to play for my country...I think that's more important then playing for a team you might not have even liked growing up.

Like echoes said unless there was something in my contract that said I COULDNT then I would.

BigBob

Registered Member
Like they've both said, unless it was in my contract and said I wasn't allowed to, I wouldn't.

The Olympics is one of the biggest stages in the World whenever it's going on, so it would be an honor to play.. but of course my sport isn't in the Olympics :(