• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Reports: Yao done for season with stress fracture in left foot

Vegito728

Registered Member
"Yao Ming's season is over."

"Yao has a stress fracture in his left foot and will have season-ending surgery later."

"Houston, currently on a 12-game winning streak, is in fourth place in the
Southwest Division. The streak followed a loss in the one game that Yao has missed all season."

"The 7-foot-6 Yao is averaging 22.0 points and 10.8 rebounds in 55 games this season."

Source: ESPN - Yao done for season with stress fracture in left foot - NBA

Wow, this is horrible news for the Rockets. They were just starting to look like contenders.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
He's probably going to miss the Olympics in his home country. Poor guy.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is huge for the Rockets they won 12 straight games, and now they lose Yao Ming for the season, this is going to hurt them that's for sure. Players like McGrady will need to carry the load most of the season now. Should be interesting to see what happens now with the Rockets.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Yeah. Analysts say that the Rockets are out of the playoffs because this too.

Was this just during practice?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well the Rockets won yesterday against the Wizards, it's not saying much because the Wizards aren't contenders. So the real test will be when the Rockets face a top team in the Western Conference. Mutumbo is really going to need to step up his game.

Legendlike

Rockets are still going to make the playoffs. **** ESPN analysists.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
It's going to suck if they do make the playoffs because they're going to be a lower seed.

That means they're out in the first round again.

From a non-Rockets fan, I'd like to see them make it so they'll be knocked out quickly. Eliminates competition.