• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Reports: Vick signs $100 million contract

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Reports: Eagles sign Vick to six-year, $100 million deal

Wow! Who thought Michael Vick would sign this type of deal again when he went to prison? I definitely didn't see it. Fourty million is guaranteed in this six year deal. Vick had a great season last year, but who knows how long is body can take this punishment. None the less, great to see him back on track.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I figured he'd get his money eventually but now he joins the likes of Shaq and A-Rod as the only people to sign two, 100 million dollar contracts.

Good for him I suppose!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Actually, I've always had a small beef with people that say that athletes get overpaid. Yes, they make tons of money, but the fans are the one that goes to the games, buy merchandise, ect. Technically they're one of the ones that make the owners profit so they can pay the ahtletes all this money. So I've never been really mad on how much money they make.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Actually, I've always had a small beef with people that say that athletes get overpaid. Yes, they make tons of money, but the fans are the one that goes to the games, buy merchandise, ect. Technically they're one of the ones that make the owners profit so they can pay the ahtletes all this money. So I've never been really mad on how much money they make.
Athletes are incredibly overpaid across most sports and contracts are constructed incredibly inefficiently. Contracts should be for less years, less guaranteed money, and they should be performance based. Jamarcus Russell is just one of many that is fine example of a poorly constructed contract.

However football there is some justification since they are literally sacrificing their physical well-being and future health for money. Most of them will have some sort of chronic physical condition when they are older.

The same cannot be said about less physically taxing sports.