Reports: Scutaro agrees to terms with red sox

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Reports: Scutaro agrees to terms with Red Sox

Doesn't really surprise me since the Red Sox needed a shortstop after they lost Gonzalez to the Jays.

You should be happy with this pick up Cons, he's great defensively, he knows how to get on base, via hits or walks, he has pop in his bat from time to time, and he's a good guy to have in the clubhouse.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've been hearing rumors for some time and there was even talk of moving Pedroia to short since that's what he played in college but I'm glad they decided to simply fill the hole rather than create another one. Scutaro certainly has some solid numbers, hopefully he can do that again for the Sox.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's always played well at Fenway Park, so I'm sure if healthy he'll do well for you guys. He's a great lead off hitter, but since you have Jacoby I don't see him hitting at that position. I imagine he'll be the second hitter in the line up.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
He's always played well at Fenway Park, so I'm sure if healthy he'll do well for you guys. He's a great lead off hitter, but since you have Jacoby I don't see him hitting at that position. I imagine he'll be the second hitter in the line up.
Nope, that's Pedroia. Then Youk, then Ortiz, then probably Scutaro.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally I would move Youk to clean up, have Pedroia hit third, Ortiz hit fifth, he's slowly declining and have Scutaro hit second where he can have the most impact.

Personal opinion though, since Scutaro is good at getting on base, he should be first or second in any line up.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Personally I would move Youk to clean up, have Pedroia hit third, Ortiz hit fifth, he's slowly declining and have Scutaro hit second where he can have the most impact.

Personal opinion though, since Scutaro is good at getting on base, he should be first or second in any line up.
Ortiz hit .290 the last four months of the season. It's because his first few were so terrible that his average never recovered. Not to mention, it's his first bad year. I still don't see Scutaro lower than fifth to start the season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know that Ortiz came on strong at the end of the season, but I don't see anything wrong with putting him in the fifth slot and moving Youk to four and Pedroia to third. I think that Pedroia is better suited to hit third anyways.

Same with Scutaro, he's better suited to hit at the top of the line up, I don't have time to check the stats right now, but he was near the top in walks, on-base percentage, total bases, runs. I don't see how to put someone with all those credentials fifth or lower.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I know that Ortiz came on strong at the end of the season, but I don't see anything wrong with putting him in the fifth slot and moving Youk to four and Pedroia to third. I think that Pedroia is better suited to hit third anyways.

Same with Scutaro, he's better suited to hit at the top of the line up, I don't have time to check the stats right now, but he was near the top in walks, on-base percentage, total bases, runs. I don't see how to put someone with all those credentials fifth or lower.
Youk has a better BA than Pedroia and Ortiz has way more power than Youk. Simply put, Scutaro has got a lot of competition and I guarantee you, will not be a starting player in the top 4 spots.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not that I don't believe you, but if that's the case then it would be a bad coaching decision, you need players like Scutaro and Ellsbury to get on base to for players like Pedroia and Ortiz to bring them in. The fifth spot is not suited for a player like Scutaro.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
So to you BR, it's a bad coaching move to have Pedroia, a .307 lifetime hitter and Youk, a .292 lifetime hitter batting second and third because Scutaro, a lifetime .265 should be in one of their spots? I think you're honestly just being a Jays fan again.

:)