• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Reporting Police Killings to the FBI

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
More than 550 law-enforcement killings were not included in FBI statistics between 2007 and 2012, according to an analysis by the Wall Street Journal, which concluded it is nearly impossible to tally how many people are killed by police officers in any given year.

Report: Hundreds of police killings not reported to FBI - CBS News
I think it should be a requirement that all police killing be reported to the FBI or some independent agency. That way if you get one cop or one department is having questionable killings it could be investigated by someone outside of the department in question.

Thoughts?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
... It'll never happen and even if it did, the "independent agency" would quickly be corrupted. I understand in Ireland (I think) they do have something like this and it has worked very well, but that isn't America. Folks on that side of the pond actually care about more than lining their pockets, or at least some of them do. In the US, everything (and almost everyone) has a price.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not everyone is on the take down here. The news is not going to report on people doing things right.