• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

REPORT: VANEK TURNS DOWN 'SUBSTANTIAL' OFFER FROM ISLANDERS

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Thomas Vanek's NHL future does not appear to be with the New York Islanders.

Newsday's Arthur Staple tweeted Monday morning that his sources indicate the 30-year-old Austrian has turned down a "substantial" contract offer from the Islanders.

Staple added that the Islanders are now likely to deal Vanek before the NHL's Mar. 5 trade deadline.
tsn.ca

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Re: REPORT: VANEK TURNS DOWN 'SUBSTANTIAL' OFFER FROM ISLAND

I wouldn't wanna live on Long Island either....

But in all seriousness though, the reminds me of when Kovalchuk turned down an offer from the Thrashers in order to test free agency. I'm curious to see how the contract that Minnesota...er...uh...I mean the team that he signs with ( ;) ) gives him compares to this one.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member

Hmm... can't blame him for turning it down, he could get a good sized offer with a potential contender

Crypticshock

Registered Member

Everyone, join hands and say it with me...

Minnesota!

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.

It was clearly obvious he was going to turn down any money or years thrown at him by the islanders. I feel so bad for Tavares as it seems he's the only player who wants to play there lol. Any who, as everyone pointed out, he'll be joining his good buddy Jason Pomminville in Minnesota.

Joining the general consensus thinking he's gonna end up somehow in Minnesota. Still doesn't mean Minnesota will be a Cup contender though.