Report: The Boss Giving Up Control Of Yankees

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yahoo.com - The George Steinbrenner-era is apparently all but over.

According to a report in the New York Post, the "Boss" has handed over control of the Yankees to his sons Hank and Hal Steinbrenner as he faces up to declining health.

George Steinbrenner, 77, was seldom seen at Yankee Stadium this season, attending only three games as his health kept him away.

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_w...report_the_boss_giving_up_control_of_yankees/

K

KatieAnn

Boo, hoo. I'm crying an ocean!!!!! I mean I wish him health for the rest of his life. I guess Yankee fans might be upset by this news, but for the rest of us it's time to party!!!!!!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ì don't think that if his sons do take over it's going to be any different, they're going to use his money to spend on great players. I believe that it's a good thing for him to step down, especially if his health isn't that good. But I think he's still going to have a word in the decisions that are made.

I don't really think anything will change with the Yankees, and I think Stienbrenner's sons will keep that horrid Yankee tradition.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Im not a Yankee's fan but this is going to be the end of an era if its true. One of the best managers ever stepping down , I did see it coming though.