Report: Sam Bradford's season over

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Millz, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Source: rotoworld.com

Man what a tough break for him...he came back to college and may have costed himself millions of dollars.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well his decision not to enter the NFL draft when his stock was so high comes back and bites him in the ass. This will definitely hurt his chances, but with that being said if his stock falls a team can land him and he can be a huge surprise. The same thing with McGahee, his stock was so high before that freak knee injury so his stock fell and he landed with the Bills. I'd say he's had a good NFL career so far.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Isn't he a junior? If he was a sophomore last year then he didn't even have a choice to return to school or enter the draft. Unless he redshirted.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Bradford is a junior, he was able to enter the draft last season but decided to go another year with Oklahoma.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back next season to try and get his stock back up. Should be an interesting off-season for this kid.

5. Major

Then he redshirted. If he was a true sophomore last year he wouldn't be able to enter the draft since you need to be three years removed from high school.

6. Major

Bradford announced that he's going to enter the NFL Draft after this season. Probably a smart move for him.

7. Millz

I hope his stock plummets (no offense to him) and the Rams can get a wide receiver in the first round and then pluck him in the 2nd round.

8. Major

I don't know if there are any receivers that are good enough to go as high as the Rams will be picking. The year after this one is the one for receivers. Julio Jones and AJ Green.

9. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Since no one would clarify it for you Echoes, he is a Redshirt. You obviously figured it out for yourself but no one wanted to help you.

..and Millz, I'm sure he won't drop to the 2nd round. The Vikings would want to snatch him up.. as would teams like the Jags and if Young doesn't work out, I'm sure the Titans too... but I'm sure the Rams would be able to draft a decent receiver in the 2nd or 3rd.

10. Millz

Bradford getting hurt really sucks for the Rams. I dont see any other QB's in this draft as the next Peyton Manning or even Matt Stafford. And unless they think Dez Bryant is worth a top 5 selection I dont know what they'll do.

We need a QB or a WR...who knows.