Report: Roy Williams headed to Dallas

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I dont have a source right now but Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports the Dallas Cowboys have acquired WR Roy Williams from the Detroit Lions in exchange for at least one first-round pick.

I'll give more updates when I get some.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Fixed the title for ya MJ.;)

But I don't get this trade at all. They already have TO, Witten, Barber, Crayton and Austin. TO is complaining already about not getting the ball enough not to mention they're giving up 3 draft picks including a 1st rounder.

Last edited:

GoEasy

Registered Member
Yeah, it doesn't really make sense. I wonder if ESPN has anything on about it right now. T.O will end up picking a fight with Williams after a loss. :p

Vegito728

Registered Member
I forgot to mention in my last post that Williams has also been complaining about not getting the ball enough. I don't see him lasting in Dallas with TO.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
They gave up a 1st, 3rd and a 6th for this guy...unbelievable. The Lions fire the idiot MIllen and then they steal from Dallas...good for them.

What the Cowboys need is a cornerback...not another receiver. Crayton and Austin should be pissed off right now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I agree, espicially Crayton who thought he was going to be the second receiver after Owens because Terry Glenn left.

With that being said, I believe its a good pick up, I think it will help Williams find his game back, he's going back home, and he's playing for the Cowboys and with T.O, should help both wide receivers if you ask me.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I agree, espicially Crayton who thought he was going to be the second receiver after Owens because Terry Glenn left.

With that being said, I believe its a good pick up, I think it will help Williams find his game back, he's going back home, and he's playing for the Cowboys and with T.O, should help both wide receivers if you ask me.
It should be fine as long as they both dont bitch about not getting the ball...because with Witten and Barber there its going to be hard to make sure everyone gets a fair shot.

But yeah on paper he's a very good receiver and you'd think it could only help the offense...but we'll see.