• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Report: Randy Savage dead

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
By Mike Johnson on 2011-05-20 12:31:50

www.TMZ.com is reporting that former WWF and WCW World champion Randy Savage passed away this morning at 10 AM after suffering a heart attack while driving in Florida, where he lived.

TMZ is quoting Savage's brother Lanny Poffo as their source.
Hopefully this isn't true...

TMZ is the source so who knows.

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Heres the update I just read;

UPDATE: Florida Highway Patrol tells TMZ ... Savage was driving his 2009 Jeep Wrangler when he veered across a concrete median ... through oncoming traffic ... and "collided head-on with a tree."

Savage was transported to Largo Medical center, where he died from his injuries.

Savage's wife was a passenger in the vehicle during the collision -- but survived with "minor injuries." She was transported to a different local hospital where she was treated.
Sounds like its pretty legit.

Bad deal, Savage was one of the Wrestlers I grew up watching. Sad day in Wrestling history to lose him. He was definitely a staple and a trend setter. Not a guy I'll soon forget. I'll snap into a slim jim in his memory.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! I'm just speechless right now.

RIP to one of the best wrestlers of all-time.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah it's looking more and more legit. Sounds like he had a heart attack while driving and that caused what happened in your post with him hitting the tree.

RIP Macho Man.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I just found out that the Macho Man died. He was a great talent, and I remember when I was 5 or 6 watching him rassle. He will be sorely missed. RIP Macho Man.

Bosox04

Registered Member
Foxnews is reporting it as a TMZ report.

If this is true, be prepared for the PED and Steroid talk to resume. It did after Eddie, Benoit, Mr. Perfect, Davey Boy Smith, Test, Big Boss Man...

Speaking of wrestlers dying early, has anyone looked at the list of wrestlers that have died prior to the age of 65 since 1985? It's quite alarming.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think there's any doubt steroids and drugs eventually lead to this. I mean a heart attack? That's the telling sign right there.

But for now I'd rather discuss his legacy. He is one of the guys I watched when I first started watching. What a talent. Warrior vs Macho at Mania 7 is an all time favorite of mine.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I can't get on any dirt sheets in work but it looks to be legit :shake:

RIP Macho Man

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree, lets keep the steroid talk to a minimal. Lets honor his career instead. Speaking of honoring I wonder if Raw is going to do anything on Monday, or maybe even at the PPV.

Greatest match for me with Randy Savage is obviously the match he had against Ricky Steamboat at Wrestlemania 3, and the match he had against Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 7.

BigBob

Registered Member
Definitely sad news. Who didn't like to walk around an impersonate him from his Slim Jim commericals?

"Snap Into A Slim Jim!!! ooooooooooohhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaah"