Report: Packers' Collins attacks fan

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Millz, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Source: Rotoworld.com

Crazy on the surface...obviously we'll have to wait for further details on what actually happened.

If I was Collins I would be pretty pissed off too but you cannot attack a fan in any way.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree with you Millz, it's unfortunate but it's part of the game. Fans are drinking it's a rivalry game, things will be said. He should of definitely kept his cool and just walk into the locker room. I wonder what's going to come out of this whole ordeal.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  3. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

When you start with the racist expletives those are "fighting words" and spitting on someone is assault. Sounds like the "fan"atic needed a good ass kicking!

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree with you SS, but you still have to keep your emotions in check in those type of situations. These athletes are told from the beginning to expect these type of things from fans, it's a tactic to get you off your game(I know it wasn't in this instance) but you can't go attacking/throwing things at fans. No matter what's been said, just try to ignore them(easier said then done, I know) but walk away.

5. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

I understand what you are saying BR, but athletes are human beings. Most likely with lots of pride, big egos, and the strength to back it up. I wouldn't feel bad at all if he went up into the stands and beat the crap out of that asshole. That would be justice. But I also understand that he can't really do that. Now will the focus be on his reaction or the action and the person that caused the incident? I think the best effort would be to find the "fan" and charge him with incitement and assault.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Walk it off, son, walk it off. You can't be throwing shit into the stands and assaulting fans. I am interested in seeing the footage though, should be entertaining. Haha.

7. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I saw the video the other day on ESPN. Basically he's walking through the tunnel when he turns to the Bears fan, gets pissed, and takes his mouth guard and throws it at him. I tried to find a video of it, but all I found were 50 or so YouTube videos that were just still images saying they 'can't show th video, but go to our link for it!'

Anyway, I can see why he flipped out. He's obviously pissed that they lost, and then throw in a guy yelling a racial slur at him, and I completely understand his actions. It was a poor decision, but if I were in his shoes, I doubt I would have reacted differently.

8. SqueakScolari

SqueakScolari Registered Member

I sit on both sides of this issue. As hard as it is, Collins has to keep his cool and not respond to the fan but...

They should find this fan and ban him from NFL games. You bought your ticket and you have a right to cheer and heckle, but c'mon, racist comments? This guy should be banned from every stadium in the league. You have no right to being yelling racial slurs toward the players on the field.

9. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

True story: When I was in high school we were playing in a tournament at home before district play started and we were playing a team from north Texas. Their fans were pretty loud and obnoxious but we were pretty much ignoring it. They were sitting in the stands along the third-base line, home fans sat along the first base line. I hit a two-run homerun in the 5th inning to tie the game at 4. As I was rounding the bases I could hear such things as "check his green card" and "his back is still wet". As I rounded second base and was approaching third I was facing them as they were saying these things. I glanced towards my parents who were sitting in the front row almost behind home plate. My dad gave me a look like "just ignore it". I wanted to yell something back and make gestures towards them but didn't. What hurt me the most was knowing my parents were sitting there hearing this crap being said to his son. Security eventually threw some of them out of the game.

After the game my dad and I spoke about it and I cried. He told me to never react in kind in that situation, to not lower myself to people as ignorant as they are. I can understand Collins being very upset though and lashing out. I don't blame him at all, even though I don't think that is the best way to react.

Millz likes this.