• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Report: Lions, Culpepper agree to deal

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Report: Lions, Culpepper agree to deal

This is real surprising news, I thought he retired from the NFL for good. None the less I am very happy he's back in the NFL and I'm very hopeful that he'll have great success in Detroit. He's always been one of my favorite Quarterbacks, and I really hope he goes back to his old Minnesota days, when he was considered one of the best.

BigBob

Registered Member
He is one of my favorite quarterbacks. Call me bias for being a Vikings fan, but he was one of the best with Moss. Now, with a young Moss-like player in Johnson, look for Culpepper to help a new young wide receiver come to fame.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really hope your right, Johnson is one of the best young wide outs in the league, he just hasnt the chance to showcase his talent often because of the quarterbacks that has been throwing him the ball since he entered the NFL. Hopefully Culpepper will be given a chance to showcase himself once again and be the starting quarterback for this team. I also hope he has loads of success.

BigBob

Registered Member
He just needs a decent line. You seen what happened at Miami when he re-aggravated his knee because their line couldn't block for him. Calvin Johnson is doing good quietly because of the team he's on. A wide receiver with his size and speed could be one of the, if not the top receiver in the league one day.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well the thing is that the Lions Offensive line isn't one of the top lines in Football, but hopefully they'll give Culpepper enough protection.

I totally agree with you, I say in 2-4 years Johnson will be considered one of the best if not the best wide receiver in the NFL.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Well the thing is that the Lions Offensive line isn't one of the top lines in Football, but hopefully they'll give Culpepper enough protection.

I totally agree with you, I say in 2-4 years Johnson will be considered one of the best if not the best wide receiver in the NFL.
He definetly wouldnt be considered the best IMO.

There is too much talent with WRs in the league.

Maybe a top 10 or 20...

I think Culpepper will have roughly the same luck in Detroit as he had in Miami or Oakland...

Seriously he has signed with every terrible team in the NFL when they are at their lowest...he wont get the protection he needs and hasnt been the same since the injuries.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This guys had loads of talent, he just hasn't played with a good quarterback to throw him good deep balls, the guy has size, speed and great hands. He'll be something special very soon.

Culpepper may start sooner then we believe because the backup is going to miss a few week with a sprained thumb. So hopefully Culpepper will be able to have success right away. But like Swift mentioned he won't have much protection, so that will hurt him a lot. But we'll just wait and see.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
From the Lions perceptive its worth a shot as things cannot get much worse. Daunte should just be happy he's playing again. The Chiefs told him it wasnt a sure thing he'd start there so Detroit makes sense.

And no, I dont think he's going to do all that well.

BigBob

Registered Member
I honestly would love to see him back at Minnesota. Gus is doing a great job, but he's getting up there in age and what happens when his implant hips shatter? Haha, just kidding. They have Berrian now, and Peterson is amazing. They could draft a decent Wide Receiver, I'd say maybe the 3rd round next year which would help him out a lot.