Report: Johnson says he'll return to Bengals

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
That's good because I don't think Dallas could stand the awesome power of both T.O. and CJ's egos together.
I'll be surprised if they make the playoffs with all the locker room distractions of the Cowboys already. Roy Williams unhappy with his role at safety, Greg Ellis complaining about not getting enough reps in MINI-camp. It's not even training camp and the vets are complaining. All the more reason to give TO his deal so you don't have to worry about him being the distraction. Tank Johnson has stayed under the radar since leaving the bears for Dallas. But the mother of all is Pacman Jones. Will he stay out of trouble with the law?

Ultimately the idea of both Chad and 85's egos are scary oh yeah both of TO's egos too, but I think they would've have been such a force on the field that they would have made it work for at least a year before one of them started crying for the ball to be thrown to him more...provide they were winning. If the team was losing with all that talent all hell would have broken loose.

Last edited:
Truth be told I want C.J. to stay so someone can finally beat the Steelers both times in a season, maybe even go to the Super Bowl.

Last edited:

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
I'm biased of course, I wanted him to go to the Eagles but I knew it was a real Long shot because of the Owens debacle and the fact they have the same agent :(

You a bengals fan?

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
Ravens.

I know I'm supposed to dislike them (Bengals) but I can't stand the Steelers even more.
OK B-more. Kind of close to Philly and I liked Steve Mcnair a lot too. Had Airmac on my Fantasy team but that dam injury, had to let him go. You Guys had a great draft. Ray Rice is a beast!!! HE averaged 30 touches a game at Rutgers actually saw him play, he's a work hoarse for real. As a one 2 tandem him and Mcgahee will be competing with Maurice JonesDrew/ Fred Taylor and Adrian Peterson/ Chestor Taylor for best combo in the league. He is going to be a star in the NFL no doubt. Also grabbed another big east player S Nakamura. He might need to adjust to the speed of the NFL a bit, but a very solid late round pick up. I wanted the Eagles to snag both these guys, but Philly just doesn't pound the ball so I knew Rice was out. And we got S Demps earlier in the draft and he is also a returner. Anyway, I know you all had a rough year but the future could have a quick turn around in it. AFC is tough though.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's no way that the Cowboys will be missing the playoffs this year. Terrell and Romo are both going to have great seasons. Marion "The Barbarian"Barber is going to be the starter all season and I believe he's going to be top five in rushing. There defense is going to be improve, this is going to be there second year with Phillips giving out plays. There going to win there division in my opinion.

I would love to see Johnson and Owens together it would be one of the best wide receiver duos of the NFL.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
There's no way that the Cowboys will be missing the playoffs this year. Terrell and Romo are both going to have great seasons. Marion "The Barbarian"Barber is going to be the starter all season and I believe he's going to be top five in rushing. There defense is going to be improve, this is going to be there second year with Phillips giving out plays. There going to win there division in my opinion.

I would love to see Johnson and Owens together it would be one of the best wide receiver duos of the NFL.
2 things about Barber.
One this is the first time he's had to be the 'every down' back in his entire career. He even shared carries in college. The only way I think he has a shot at having a great season running is if rookie Felix Jones provides a similar or better change up as Julius Jones did.
Two his hard and intense running style is impressive, but is an injury waiting to happen. There is only so many times a back is going to get away with putting the hits on the defenders these days.

Now the media has labeled the Cowboys the NFC favorite and understandably so. However, the NFC favorite almost never makes it to the Super Bowl. I'll retract that above statement, they should make the playoffs. I'm predicting another one and done playoff game making it 3 in a row. Romo seems to get the playoff jitters.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Barber will be just fine as the starter, he has proven that he can take a hit and that he can also lay a big hit while running as well. I love his style and I think that he'll be one of the leading rushers in the NFC this season, barring injury obviously.

Now you mentioned his running style is an injuring waiting to happen. I totally disagree with you my friend. If you look at Walter Payton, one of the best running backs in the league, he had a similar running style as Barber, what I mean by that is that he loved contact, he loved running into defenders, making sure he hurts them a little before they hurt him. He took pride in his ability to be a power runner and lay the hit at every defender that is trying to tackle him. He did it because he wanted them to think twice before hitting him again on the next play. He wanted to make sure they knew that they got hit really hard the last time they tried to tackle him down. So I think he'll be just fine with his current running style.

I don't doubt they'll make the playoffs this year, as they have the last few. Their problem is being able to stay in the playoffs, meaning no stupid mistakes like costly INTs, running the ball, and most of all NO BOTCHED FIELD GOALS. They do that and they'll bring home another trophy.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
I think Barber will be just fine as the starter, he has proven that he can take a hit and that he can also lay a big hit while running as well. I love his style and I think that he'll be one of the leading rushers in the NFC this season, barring injury obviously.

Now you mentioned his running style is an injuring waiting to happen. I totally disagree with you my friend. If you look at Walter Payton, one of the best running backs in the league, he had a similar running style as Barber, what I mean by that is that he loved contact, he loved running into defenders, making sure he hurts them a little before they hurt him. He took pride in his ability to be a power runner and lay the hit at every defender that is trying to tackle him. He did it because he wanted them to think twice before hitting him again on the next play. He wanted to make sure they knew that they got hit really hard the last time they tried to tackle him down. So I think he'll be just fine with his current running style.
I totally understand. I'm a huge Jim Brown fan. So is Larry Johnson, and he was injured right after getting his big contract. The only other true active bruiser I can think of is Jamal Lewis. Not only did he have a season off while he was in prison, but he also ran very gingerly in his last year with the Ravens so he's had 2 years to rest. This is one of the various reasons Ricky Williams left the NFL. It's hard to take a constant pounding as a back in the NFL these days. I don't wish injury upon any NFL athlete. But I think the trend of having at least 2 backs has pretty much found it's way to every team. The giants went to their entire stable of backs last year. Ladel Betts had to fill in significant time for Clinton Portis the season before. I just don't think they can get away with over working him on the ground and the transition for Felix Jones will have a lot to do with that. Provide he stays healthy, he is certainly a talented back.

I feel the same way about Brian Westbrook. If the Eagles over work him and use him has 40% of their offense as they have in the past, he'll certainly miss games again. Same thing goes for the rookie DeSean Jackson.

Back to the Cowboys, still haven't heard if Terry Glen has passed his physical yet. Pacman Jones will have an impact on defense and special teams no doubt, but I doubt as much on offense. And last season Patrick Crayton dissappeared the same way Donte' Stallworth did for the Patriots. TO has had minor injuries every year since he has been on Philadelphia, except for the season the Eagles sat him. He's not getting any younger either, and he is the most important piece to that offense as we saw late last season. That's why his deal is so front loaded. It is really more like a 2 year deal than a 4. But at the end of they day I'm glad the Cowboys have the focus all on them, it'll make creeping up on them that much easier.