• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Report: John Cena Suffers Injury?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
WZROnline.com

Don't know the extent of the injury but it seems that Cena was injured during his Cage match against Barrett. I don't believe this one is a storyline at all. If this is true and he does miss some time, the WWE will definitely rush the return of HHH.

This could also screw up the whole CM/Nexus-Cena angle.

Hopefully, we'll get more details soon.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I really hope this isn't an issue, the Punk/Cena/Nexus angle is the one I've been looking forward to the most for this WM so far...if it goes that long it could be a great feud.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
It is some sort of quad injury, and appears to be legitimate. (I go to college in Wilkes-Barre where the house show was).

He had no pressure placed on his right leg, I believe. I don't see much time being needed to be taken off, just a week or two.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It is some sort of quad injury, and appears to be legitimate. (I go to college in Wilkes-Barre where the house show was).

He had no pressure placed on his right leg, I believe. I don't see much time being needed to be taken off, just a week or two.
I definitely hope that it's more of a pull or bruise and just requires a short amount of time off. Even if he was off of the RR, that'd be ok with me. If they're pushing his feud with Punk until WM, it could be sold that The Nexus injured him on Monday.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I definitely hope that it's more of a pull or bruise and just requires a short amount of time off. Even if he was off of the RR, that'd be ok with me. If they're pushing his feud with Punk until WM, it could be sold that The Nexus injured him on Monday.
Exactly my thoughts.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Ahhh, poor Cena...I guess he forgot to take his vitamins and eat his Wheaties. I really don't care for the Nexus storyline with Punk in it. You all know that the E is just reapeating the storyline with Punk as there leader. I rather see a different story between these two to be honest. I hope he is gone for awhile and see a feud with Triple H and CM Punk/Nexus, that would be fresh.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Got more info from rajah.com about what happpened...

We’ve got more information on the leg injury that John Cena suffered at Tuesday night’s WWE live event from Wilkes-Barre, Pennstylvania.

During the steel cage main event between Wade Barrett and John Cena, Barrett hit his Wasteland finisher, which most believe is when the injury took place. Barrett began climbing the cage to escape but stopped as if he were waiting for Cena to come stop him. Cena used the ropes to get up as Barrett pretended to have his leg stuck in the cage wall. Barrett’s motions were described as slow motion as he waited for Cena.

As Barrett was on the cage, WWE trainers came down from backstage and were yelling into the ring. Barrett came down and Cena countered a punch, put Barrett in a submissino hold and Barrett tapped out immediately.
Rajah.com reader Rick Gasper was at the event and sent in this recap of what happened:

“When Barrett was climbing the cage and Cena was down, the trainers came running down from the dressing area. I was on the far side and could see one of the trainers yelling into the ring. Right after that is when John hit Wade with the submission hold. Wade didn’t even last one second.”

After the match, John Cena grabbed a microphone and told the live crowd that he suffered an injury but was going to walk out on his own and did not want to be carried. Fans who sent in live reports said that Cena looked to be in a lot of pain as he exited the ring.
I really hope its nothing serious...WWE cannot lose Cena. Can you imagine Wrestlemania without him?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I can imagine WM without Cena, but not after the current angle has started! I wonder if the fact that they're continuing with it means that the outlook is decent.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The WWE can't lose Cena for a long period of time. They already lost Undertaker, HHH and HBK for the most part of the year and Chris Jericho has been gone for a few months. From all the reports I've read, it seems that he might take some time off to heal this injury, who knows for how long though.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/168024/John-Cena-Injury-Update.htm said:
Things have been quiet on the John Cena injury front. At last night's Raw event in Wilkes-Barre PA, Cena suffered what was thought to be a knee injury. While the company has not made an official announcement, word is that Cena suffered a deep bruise and the injury is not as serious as feared. More information should be available later today.
There you go. Deep bruises would require a week or two off of wrestling... not that bad.