Report: Flyers getting Nabokov for seventh-round pick

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Konshentz, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Report: Flyers getting Nabokov for seventh-round pick - NHL.com - News

I am hoping this deal gets done before July 1st. Since I have to see Nabokov play elsewhere, I'd much rather it be in orange than anywhere else.

2. Beef

Beef Registered Member

It's a no risk move for the Flyers. If they can sign him they get the best available goalie on the FA market. If they can't I don't think they give up anything.

Still for a team that has had such a shoddy record with goaltending in the playoffs, it makes me wonder how he'll handle the post-season pressure in Philly, he certainly didn't handle it well in San Jose. At the very least I guess he will bring some stability to the Philadelphia crease.

3. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

haha impressive the sharks are getting something back for a guy they werent going to give a contract!

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I think he'll be even better in Philly. Timonen and Pronger will help out and I think it'll give him a fresh start. If nothing else, he'll have another great year and get Philly a top 2 seed going into next years playoffs. Haha.

5. kentond

kentond Registered Member

What i dont get in this whole deal is what is to happen with Leighton and Boucher, i think they were 2 perfectly good goalies and dont see why they would waste cap space on nabokov

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Leighton had one good series against Montreal and Boucher has always been a back-up. Nabokov has proven to be a great goalie and maybe with a fresh start he can carry that great play over into the playoffs. Nabokov gets most of the shit, but the Sharks' forwards and defense should shoulder a good chunk of the blame. You can't beat a Blackhawks team only scoring 2 goals.