• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Report: Eagles interested in Brett Favre

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Report: Eagles interested in Brett Favre | ProFootballTalk

Yes, here we go again. I don't understand how teams are interested in this guy. I don't understand why he doesn't just retire. His body cannot take all this punishment anymore, and last season proved it.

I really hope he doesn't sign anywhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
He retired, he's been saying he wants to stay retired, and this is just interest from the Eagle's side.

But, I have to admit, trading Kolb and having Favre backup Vick would be one hell of a short sighted move.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I hope that it stays as just interest from the Eagles' side...I seriously can't take any more of this guy coming out of retirement. For the sake of the game of football, he needs to move on. He's one of the all-time greats, I understand that. But keeping that spotlight on him at the beginning of every season overshadows the great young players in the game today. Hopefully this time he really will ignore the possibility of returning.

I kind of agree with Steve on this one...really making any questionable moves to get Favre at this point would be shortsighted. The chances that he'll be of benefit for even the first year with your team aren't that great, it's not worth it.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm not going to lie, a part of me wishes the lockout continues and there is not football this only because I wouldn't have to listen and watch anymore Brett Favre crap. I'm very seriously tired of Brett Favre news and if this starts up all over again, and he feeds the drama, which being the drama queen he is, I may not watch this year, and may not watch ESPN anymore until it's finally settled and he's retired.

Rogue

Registered Member
Brett was my fav.player before all the bullshit of retiring, coming back and retiring again.
Add to the fact him trying to do the " dirty " when he was with the packers with a office staff member has lowered my opinion of him both as a player and a man.