• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Report: Bengals sign terrell owens

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Report: Bengals sign Terrell Owens

I knew someone would offer him a contract, Palmer recommended the Bengals to sign Owens. Supposedly they worked out together in the off-season and they got along really well.

I'm sure Owens will behave and will play really well with a good Quarterback like Carson Palmer.

The press conferences before and after games should be fun.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Saw this on Twitter from Ochocinco and T.O., lol. I look forward to seeing how this plays out!! I wonder how he and Ochocinco will work on-field...too much ego, or will they work well as a unit?

The local sportswriters in St. Louis had said that T.O. would have been a bad move, and the Rams ended up announcing this morning that they weren't really interested. Probably good for our franchise; as the writers had said, we have a young QB coming in, and young, promising WRs. Our staff has been preaching a humble franchise, and T.O. just doesn't fit into any of that.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm so happy his comment about being on the Patriots ended up meaning nothing. The guy is a hassle and he's just not worth the headache. Kudos to Palmer for being willing.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yeah, I agree, he's not worth the hassle. Glad Dallas got rid of him a couple of years ago. Good luck to Palmer, he's going to need it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Like I've said in other threads, I believe Owens has really changed as a person. Just look at his time in Buffalo. Barely getting the ball at times, quarterbacks being awful, team not playing well ect. But he stood by his team and didn't say a word and didn't become a distraction.

I believe since Palmer and Owens are close they'll get along just fine and I don't see any problems.

I see him reaching over 1000 yards, and scoring close to ten touchdowns this season. If healthy that is.

micfranklin

Eviscerator
Oh goodie, now I have to see him twice this season. Like CJ wasn't enough.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hopefully that they just destroy your defense for that comment :D

But in all seriousness, I don't believe it's going to be a circus show like all the analyst are making it out to be. Both guys want to win which is key at this point.

I'm not saying we won't hear funny quotes from these two guys, or even maybe a great dancing routine after a touchdown, but they'll behave in my opinion.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
Well this sure as hell is going to be interesting. I have no idea how this is going to turn out. I'm kinda bummed cause I was excited for Jordan Shippley to be the number three receiver this season, but with TO, Chad, and Bryant, that is seemingly out of the picture. I'll just go ahead and say the same thing I told one of my friends earlier. "Either Chad and TO are going to run a train on opposing teams, or Chad and TO are going to team up with Pacman Jones and rob a train. It could really go either way with Cincy"

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm glad that we have a Bengals fan here, he can give us a better perspective on what is happening with the Bengals.

The only way I see this turning out to be a train wreck is if the Bengals are not winning. I believe Owens and Johnson will both have enough touches to remain happy. Palmer knows what he's getting into, like I said before he's the one who recommended Cinccinnati to sign Terrell in the first place. I'm sure he knew what he was getting into after playing with Ochocinco for so long.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it makes the most sense. Rosenhaus was clearly using the Rams to get the Bengals to bite. Cincinnati took that bait, apparently.

I hate Terrell Owens because he's a piece of shit of a human but even I'm intrigued to see how him and OchoCinco do together. I think the Bengals got alot better as a result of this.