Report: Bedard To Mariners Trade May Be Close

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

RealGM Baseball: Wiretap Archives: Report: Bedard To Mariners Trade May Be Close

If the Mariners do aquire Bedard then their getting a pitching star, this guy was amazing with the Orioles last season, and in my opinion he's only going to get better. But the Orioles do get a couple of good propects especially in Jones, this guy has tons of potential.

Side Note: I live like 10 minutes from where Bedard was born and lives in the off-season.

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I'm going to be furious if the Orioles don't make good on this trade. I think he may be the only decent guy they have pitching for them. I understand that they're doing huge purge on their players, but Roberts and Bedard shouldn't go anywhere for a long time.

This is huge for the Mariners. Who do they have in the rotation right now?
    ------
    It looks like I'm going to be pretty angry soon. The players are in Baltimore and everything is just a matter of the players passing a physical.

Bedard deal likely nearing completion -- baltimoresun.com

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

RealGM Baseball: Wiretap Archives: Mariners Finally Land Bedard

Well it's finally done, it took some time but the Mariners acquired one of the best pitchers in the American League. He's probably going to be their ace now.

The Orioles have decided to re-build so their trading all their stars for prospects.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Brian Roberts is next.

The only reason the Orioles are rebuilding is because Angelos doesn't want to pay those huge salaries.

5. Fireball

Fireball Registered Member

The M's rotation now consists of Felix Hernandez, Erik Bedard, Miguel Batista, Carlos Silva, and Jarrod Washburn. What was the M's biggest weakness last year has become now one of their biggest assets.

6. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Bedard is really going to help them. I can see the Mariners making the playoffs next year. But I'm not going to make any predictions yet.