Report: Artest Says He Wants To Retire With Kings

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

ESPN -
    Ron Artest told the New York Post that he wants to remain with Sacramento and retire as a King. Artest's comments contradicted statements his agent made last week, indicating that his client, a Queens native who attended St. John's, wanted to return home.

"I really want to finish my career in Sacramento because of my relationship with some of the players," Artest said, according to the Post. "I want to finish with Sacramento. I feel attached to Sacramento. I want to be their franchise player."

Artest also said he was told by Kings general manager Geoff Petrie that he would not be traded, and Artest told Petrie he probably would not opt out of his contract after next season, the Post reported.

"Ron is going to be a King," Petrie said Monday, denying he has had any conversations with the Knicks' front office. "People are having conversations with themselves."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...rt_artest_says_he_wants_to_retire_with_kings/

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

I think we all know not to take what Ron Artest says seriously, he's like the T.O. of the NBA. He's he's a King now, but if they start loosing his behavior gets bad and then the trade rumors arise.

3. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

Like T.O. I can't wait for Artest to fade into obscurity

4. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Who knows what Ron Ron is thinking nowadays. One day he wants to become a rapper, the other he wants to retire from the game, and now he wants to be a King for the rest of his career. He might be serious he might now. I guess only the future will tell. But I do tend to agree with your assesment a lot Fresh. If the team is losing he becomes a lose canon, when that happens the General Manager does is best to find some team to trade him too.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I doubt that Artest really wants to stay a King, he can opt out of his current contract next season, and I believe he's going to do so, he has said that he wants to play for his hometown New York, and Isiah has said that he's interested in him, he might not trade for him but I believe he's going to sign him next season. I don't believe one bit that he's going to stay in Sacramento for the rest of his career.