• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

REPLY, dammit!!

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I once killed a 100+ replies, still very active thread about the existence of God by giving them my finalized version of the theory my Philosophy teacher couldn't spot a flaw in.
Unbelievable! Hey, why don't you give us a whack at it? :D

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
The song currently stuck in my head is Sweep the Leg by No More Kings, and it's cool, I like that song. It's catchy. That and Call Me Irresponsible, I was singing it in the shower this morning, my Michael Buble.

Wait, this isn't the Random Thoughts Thread:|

PhoenixOverdrive

Registered Member
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.
Verbatim from American Psycho. Hilarious movie, definitely in my tops! ;)

Unbelievable! Hey, why don't you give us a whack at it? :D
That was years ago, but I'll try to find it for the gang. I've disowned philosophy in college, because it really doesn't lead anywhere useful. It's great to 'expand your mind' and 'think of higher things' and all that, but really it's all crap. I like to get places.

Will look, though.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
That was years ago, but I'll try to find it for the gang. I've disowned philosophy in college, because it really doesn't lead anywhere useful. It's great to 'expand your mind' and 'think of higher things' and all that, but really it's all crap. I like to get places.

Will look, though.
Incredible! Working out an airtight theory on the existence of God, then realizing (presumably via philosophizing on the subject) that philosophy is a giant turd sandwich, and banishing the theory from your mind! Dude, I am in awe. You are PhoenixOverdrive, the World's Most Interesting Man. Please, please, tell us the answer! Does He exist, or not?

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
I'm replying for the sake of replying. Didn't read beyond the first two sentences. You've been graced.

PhoenixOverdrive

Registered Member
Incredible! Working out an airtight theory on the existence of God, then realizing (presumably via philosophizing on the subject) that philosophy is a giant turd sandwich, and banishing the theory from your mind! Dude, I am in awe. You are PhoenixOverdrive, the World's Most Interesting Man. Please, please, tell us the answer! Does He exist, or not?
Well I've realized two important things through philosophy.

One is that you can ask 'why' all day long and never even budge from point A. It hasn't served even once in my life. Not with solving life's problems, nor with understanding the universe, nor with picking up chicks. "Did you know that Hume asserts the importance of our five senses in determining the underlying factors of what we call 'reality' in a sense where..." and by that point she's making out with some other guy.

Second, I've compiled the model, and you can prove and disprove ANYTHING with logic. The whole thing's a con. We've been tricked into thinking it's the highest and most esteemed and the very default method of doing anything, but it's just a way to validate whatever bullshit you're trying to get through. I used to convince people of things they didn't believe utterly, then prove the contrary to them.

People learned to be a lot more flexible around me. Otherwise they'd go mad. :cool:

If you're still interested, my theory proved that God, as an entity, does not exist.

And I'm not that interesting. I'm an asshole with too much college and a low tolerance for bull.