• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Repeats

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Do you watch repeats? I think American's call them re-runs

Are there shows that you will eagerly watch repeats of? Ones you never get bored of so are happy to watch episodes and whatnot that you've already seen. What sorta shows stick out as being particular favourites for watching repeats of?

For me, the only repeats I get, on actual telly is if I watch a channel called Dave in which I will happily watch repeats of Top Gear, Men Behaving Badly, I'm Alan Partridge, Only Fools and Horses and other awesome comedies until my face explodes ---
Also, I have a nice DVD collection, and so sometimes it is great to bang a disc in and watch things like The Mentalist, Dexter or Criminal Minds or whatever... It's bloody great ain't it?

Or are you someone who can't stand watching stuff twice? Sees no point in it... would rather be impaled by a spike than suffer through episodes of shows over and over again...

I rambled there, I coulda made this simpler:

"Do you like repeats/reruns - Yes or No? With reasons and examples please..."

I coulda actually made this post a one liner, I don't believe it -

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
This kind of goes along with shows you never get tired of. I can see the difference, though, because there's a ton of repeats that I can watch but will get tired of.

I'll gladly watch the re-runs of all of the shows I've seen. After a while they start to show their age. Home Improvement and Seinfeld have not aged well and it makes it difficult to watch the re-runs. The Simpson, Family Guy, South Park, Futurama, Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men and Weeds are all shows I enjoy watching re-runs of.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I love watching old British TV shows repeatedly. I was just telling my mum the other day it's a shame there will never be anything as loved or popular as Only Fools and Horses. It still holds a place in most of our hearts.

The shows you will most likely see me have on repeat are Bottom, The Inbetweeners, Jonathan Creek and Gimme Gimme Gimme. They are available on TV fairly often, as well as on my DVD shelf.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I love watching old British TV shows repeatedly. I was just telling my mum the other day it's a shame there will never be anything as loved or popular as Only Fools and Horses. It still holds a place in most of our hearts.

The shows you will most likely see me have on repeat are Bottom, The Inbetweeners, Jonathan Creek and Gimme Gimme Gimme. They are available on TV fairly often, as well as on my DVD shelf.
'Bottom' is bloody awesome!
I have nothing further to add... <apart from that...< and that :S

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Like my answer in the other thread, I'll watch re-runs of Seinfeld, Futurama, and The Simpsons (the older ones). If I'm really bored I'll watch Saved by the Bell or Home Improvement, or other shows that I used to love when I was a kid.

Elanor

Registered Member
When it comes to repeats on the TV I will usually watch Top Gear, it is always on but I can happily watch it. I also love Traffic Cops, again it is on all the time, but I love it. And Man V Food.....

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't do this much anymore because I don't have cable. I am watching "reruns" of a sort on Netflix at the moment. I watch them while I'm posting on GF because I've already seen then and don't really have to pay attention. I am currently watching How I Met Your Mother, but I also love repeats of Friends and Seinfeld.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Does it count if I watch it on the DVD? I always watch Seinfeld, Family Guy (there are some episodes that I wouldn't watch again though), The Big Bang Theory.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
There are many many shows I can watch repeats of and never get bored be it on tv, netflix on DVD including:

Dawsons Creek
Top Gear
Mythbusters
Sons of Guns
The Simpsons
Family Guy
South Park
Fraiser
Red Dwarf

I also occasionally watch repeats of Friends on Comedy Central here in the UK, the only problem is that Channel 4 and E4 played Friends to death (anyone here in the UK will testify that there seemed to be a period that no matter what time of day it was you could guarantee a repeat of Friend would be in within a few hours) and so I got bored. I know virtually every episode almost line for line and as good as the older ones are I am kinda bored of it.

dDave

V.I.P.
Every show has that small set of episodes that are almost considered a standard. These episodes are shown more frequently than any other episodes. I can get bored of these episodes (though I will watch them if enough time has passed.)

I do watch tons of re-runs though.

Seinfeld
Frasier
Everybody Loves Raymond
King of Queens
Top Gear
The Office

Re runs don't bother me as long as I don't see them too often. I do really enjoy seeing a new episode though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Unity Wrestling 5