Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by DinoFlintstone, Oct 24, 2008.

1. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

How come my power fluctuates..? The other day, I had 8, then it fell to 6 or 7, then went back to 8, and is now at 5.
    Wotsit all about? It's not like I have any 'noticable' negative reps....
    ... or do I? :-/

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

There are several factors that go into your rep power. One of them is how many posts you've made in the last 24 hours, so that's why your power fluctuates.

3. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I've never noticed. But I don't really understand the rep system and hardly give any out. I have no idea how much rep power I have.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Pretty much what Echoes said. It moves around a bit and is unique from the standard system used by most forums.

5. DinoFlintstone

Yes, I noticed that it's not like other formats. I like how we can't give negatives.

Thanks for the info.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

You can't give or receive negative rep until you've made a certain number of posts, I think it's 100.

7. DinoFlintstone

Still that's pretty fair. Some forums will let you, but they are colour coded 'blue' to mean they are of no value, but they are blue whether they are negative or possitive, so if you leave a rep, and you've left no commect, they you are wasting time. Once you've given X amount of posts, your value goes-up.
    Allowing negatives, especially from a newbie makes for a bitter forum, so I guess that's why this is such a good forum even when people don't see eye to eye.