rep bar diminishes?

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by EllyDicious, Nov 2, 2009.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

....the more i get repped, the more the green rep bar diminishes. :lol:
    has anyone repped me negatively in a hidden way and i don't know it??? lol. (though i'm sure i'm notified for every rep lol)

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Have you just gained one of those award thingys? That makes your rep points go up by 100, same as levelling up. So if someone pos reps you and their rep power is less than 100, your rep bar will go down.

3. EllyDicious

i don't know what awards you're talking about though. lol there you have my awards[post/thread/replied/spree].
    what i noticed though, the number of total rep power increases so maybe that's the reason why the bar diminishes for every positive rep. maybe it means i have to catch up with the total rep number, it's like i need to reach that number...

Rebeccaaa likes this.
  4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I thought it went down when you reached a new level and you didn't have enough rep power to cover the new level.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

You got a spree award recently, right? And the level thing too is a good reason. So Imp or Knapp may very well be right.

The only other possibility I can think of is if someone you have on ignore is negging you. Highly unlikely, especially if you have nobody on ignore :D

ETA: I just repped you and it appears to have gone back to full.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  6. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

The thing that I wonder about is the 24 hours bar.

Mine will be down to zero...especially over the weekend, and then I have it open in a tab all day at work...roughly over the period of 9 hours, and my 24 hour bar will suddenly go full.

7. EllyDicious

yeah i got a spree award.
    yes. it went back to full now.
    if i get 1 or 2 more (positive) reps, it will diminish again. so yeah, it has to do with taking repping into a higher level and the possibility to reach it.