Renteria to SF, Khalil Greene to STL

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Millz, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Figured I'd combine these two...

Seems to me like San Fran paid waaaay too much for an older Renteria. But they are used to given out stupid contracts. See: Zito, Barry.

I like the Greene trade for St Louis. They fill a need and dont give up much at all.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Greene is a great player he's tremoundous with the glove, so he's defenitely going to help the Cardinals in more ways then one.

I agree that the Giants paid way to much for Renteria, but he brings tons of stuff to the table, he has a good bat, great glove and he's been in many situations which can help a lot of players on that team.

Good pick up by both teams.

3. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

San Fran did give too much for Renteria. But. Being back in the NL should help him because he wasn't fairing very well in the AL for whatever reason. *coughshouldhaveneverleftstlcough*

I also like the addition of Greene. He's a very talented player. He doesn't hit for average but he's got some pop and is a very good defender.

An upgrade over Cesar Izturis imo.

4. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Registered Member

As a Dodger fan, I couldn't be happier that Brian Sabean signed Renteria. I hope they have fun struggling next year (As you can tell, Dodgers fans hate the Giants and vice versa, and while we didn't win it all, seeing San Francisco sign Barry Zito, Aaron Rowand and Renteria to these hilarious contracts make me giggle). I'm glad they overpaid for a .270 batting average and a .317 on-base percentage.

On the other hand, Khalil Greene is a FINE shortstop, a gritty, hard-nosed hustler who's power is underrated. And while he hit just .213, he was battlinmg injuries. He's an addition to SS over David Exckstein (at least defensively). Good pickup for St. Louis, bad pick up for San Fran.