RENT

Discussion in 'Theatre' started by Puck, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Puck

Puck Registered Member

Has anyone seen Jonathon Larson's musical masterpiece RENT?
    If so, what did you think of it? Did you give you inspiration to do something more?

If not, get your hands on the final performance on Broadway! Or if you're not into watching filmed live performances, just listen to the soundtrack.

2. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I have seen the movie. And I really want to see it live. D:

I really need to find the live DVD but I'm broke. Maybe I could ask for it for my birthday. Hmmmmm...

But yeah, I love love love love love love love love love love the movie. A few weeks ago my friends and I were singing La Vie Boheme on the beach at like one in the morning. :D

3. Puck

Puck Registered Member

EXCELLENT.

La Vie Boheme was created to do just that.

Also, the movie was fantastic, agreed, but SEE THE FINAL PERFORMANCE IF YOU CAN. It's just...so much better.

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I want to soooooooooooooooooooo badly. I saw it at the store once, it was 60 bucks. Waaay too much lol

What is your favorite song? I just love La Vie Boheme and Take me or Leave me.

5. Puck

Puck Registered Member

Well, Would you light my candle was the first song I heard...so, it's got abit of a nostalgic feel to it, so I'd have to go with that BUT, only the orignal broadway version. Oh and One Song Glory, it makes me cry...everytime.
    My movie version favourite? Out Tonight, definitely!!

6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Out Tonight was really good. I've listened to Joanne, the broadway version, and I don't like her.... I like the movie Joanne more lol

7. Puck

Puck Registered Member

The movie Joanne has some amazing pipes on her!
    Makes me giggle because she's in Law&Order... :heh:

The original Joanne was ok, you're right, I really liked that they used ALOT of the original actors for the movie too. Except Mimi...she was annoying.

8. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Yeah. Collins was in Law and Order too, right?

And I love Joanne. I would do her.

Mimi was okay. I didn't think she was anything special.

Do you have Idina Menzel's CD? :D I love Minuet! Wait. Wrong thread. I will make a thread about her CD when I get home tonight

9. Puck

Puck Registered Member

Hah, excellent. YES, Collins was in Law&Order. I lol'd alot when I first saw the movie.

And no, I DO NOT HAVE HER CD. But I do love her. Her and Taye Diggs= best couple EVA.

Also, so makes Wicked, so I love her even more for that.

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I love her too! And you have to get her CD, it is AMAZING.

Also, I want to see wicked sooooo badly. :[