• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rent a friend or rent a relative?

Dekzper

Registered Member
ROFL! Thanx for the info but I have waaaaay too many relatives and friends already. :nod: And some of them can even climb trees! :-o What I really need is a clone that does homework! :D

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
This is kind of sad. If you're that desperate for friends and can't make any real ones, then you should probably be spending your money on a shrink instead of someone who will pretend to care about you.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
The marketing possibilities are endless.

Think your mom is a whore? Are you ashamed? Come and rent a new one, and impress your fiances family today! Our experts will even Photoshop your new mom over the old one.
I think I found my dream job. I could be that brother you always wanted, as long as you pay my rent.

In all seriousness, I don't see the real benefit in an organization like this. If someone don't have any friends or family, then he must have money. Money don't buy happiness, or maybe I'm wrong. And I don't see how weddings and funerals can benefit with one more person. Unless it's custom in Japan to have xx amount of people and roles filled for the occasions.

Dabs

Registered Member
I don't like this idea. Even tho I loathe the kid brother I have, I wouldn't want to rent another, he might end up being worse! I'm happy with the friends I have, I'm doing Ok :)

this reminds me of a Japanese horror movie i watched.... a bunch of girls pretended to be guys daughters..... they all committed joint suicide at the end... just something to think about.

in all seriousness though if i had a way to know i was safe id pretend to be someones family or friend or something. who knows maybe we would really become friends after the experience.

JaneSmith

Registered Member
I'm for hire. But I'm really expensive.
I would certainly use a service of rental parents, pool boys, or pretend friends if I needed it.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Is this for real?

Wow, if I ever got to the stage of renting friends/relatives I'd probably decide to call it a day!

Bliss

Sally Twit
This is kind of sad. If you're that desperate for friends and can't make any real ones, then you should probably be spending your money on a shrink instead of someone who will pretend to care about you.
I don't know about that. Some people don't know how to make friends and some people lose touch with the ones they have and find it difficult to move on from that.

Personally I wouldn't use this service myself but I am not surprised it exists. I think it is a nice idea for lonely people.