Remove the tag field?

Prokek

It's annoying and isn't there an automatic plugin that can do it for you?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I never really even understand whats up with the Tag field to be honest. I dont know how to work it and even if I did... I strongly doubt I would even change my usage of GF to accommodate it

It's annoying and isn't there an automatic plugin that can do it for you?
an automatic plugin? :hmm: you wouldnt happen to know someone who sells one would you....

*gently strokes banhammer*

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never really even understand whats up with the Tag field to be honest. I dont know how to work it and even if I did... I strongly doubt I would even change my usage of GF to accommodate it
This page isn't really linked from anywhere on GF but it's kind of cool to look at. Kind of shows the popular subjects on GF in recent weeks or whatever the setting it set to:

http://www.generalforum.com/tags.php

Prokek

Yeah nice Hybrix =)

So if its automatically tagged, why have it still shown? Is that for just in case we want to manually put tags? And theres no way to get the field out? I will live if I can't haha.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah nice Hybrix =)

So if its automatically tagged, why have it still shown? Is that for just in case we want to manually put tags? And theres no way to get the field out? I will live if I can't haha.
Well sometimes people might want to manually put a tag in there, for whatever reasons.

This is the weirdest request I've had in a long time though. The field doesn't seem to annoy anybody else, that's for sure. Just don't look at it? :lol: