• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Remote Control Cars/Toys

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I put this in collections, because collections are a hobby and so are RC things :D

Remote control toys are really fun. Nothing like being able to stand in one spot and make your toy car move around. I've only ever owned one RC car in my life, and it broke haha. I accidentally drove it down some stairs.

My best friend though, him and his dad are big into the RC scene. They have a bunch of big RC trucks, that are capable of going so fast. Some of them are for racing, and some others are for 4 wheel driving over terrain etc. I think my friend's dad also had an RC airplane, but it was just a cheaper one, and so it doesn't fly so well.

How about yourselves? What kinds of RC toys did you have? Do you still collect or play with any kind?

Bliss

Sally Twit
My boyfriend's sister thought it'd be a good idea to buy him a remote control helicopter for Christmas. I have hated her for it ever since because I'll be sitting at the laptop and randomly get attacked by a flying object. You can't even hear it until it is right near your ear. However, it does have flashing lights so I can often see it in the corner of my eye.

dDave

V.I.P.
I've had several remote control cars over the years, most of them just don't last though. The stuff I've got that I love would be my Xmods, these are great little cars that look like professionally done models, they're pretty quick little cars and I can use them to race on custom tracks that I used to design.

I've also got a remote control boat. Living in Nebraska where there are lakes everywhere (and having a pool) I used to be able to use it on a regular basis. I haven't touched it in about 7 years at this point but it's still in great shape and I'd actually love to be able to take it out sometime.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I always liked playing with remote control cars and trucks. Its why I bought my son a new one about every christmas. He would open them and I couldn't wait to get my hands on them. I didn't like the ones that had a cord on them I liked the radio controlled.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I dont have any, but I want one. I want a boat and a car and a helicopter. they seem so freaking cool!

dDave

V.I.P.
I always liked playing with remote control cars and trucks. Its why I bought my son a new one about every christmas. He would open them and I couldn't wait to get my hands on them. I didn't like the ones that had a cord on them I liked the radio controlled.
The corded ones do feel really cheap and they just aren't as much fun because it's impossible to race the thing around. I actually had one once and took it back because I wanted a better one.

I dont have any, but I want one. I want a boat and a car and a helicopter. they seem so freaking cool!
I've flown a remote control helicopter before, it was pretty fun.

What I really like is how the handling is about as diverse as it is in real life with all of these vehicles (minus the obvious difficulty of actually operating any of them).

If you're looking for a car then I really can't recommend the kind that I have quite enough, it really is just top notch. I must have had 10 cars before this one that broke. I've had this other one for years and it still works! I actually tested it just the other day. :)