• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Remorseful Burglars

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Burglars who stole computers from an office building in the suburbs of Los Angeles returned the items – along with a letter of apology – after apparently realizing they had ransacked a nonprofit that helps victims of sexual violence.
A lot of criminals are remorseless jerks. But this is the first time I've ever seen something like this. And I'm sure you'll have looks of disbelief once you read this article.:stare:

Burglars return stolen computers to nonprofit ? along with apology note - U.S. News

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They are extremely lucky to of gotten their stuff back. Most burglars wouldn't of cared what type of place it was. Hopefully this will be the end of their burglary career but I doubt it.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I would still lock them up forever because of their habits regardless of the fact that they returned the items.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I would still lock them up forever because of their habits regardless of the fact that they returned the items.
Same here, they may have returned the items after a change of heart but they still broke the law overall.

Iris

rainbow 11!
yeah, but still. I'm glad they did this. sure, they should still get into trouble if they get caught, but they aren't bad people. just made a bad decision.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not sure if they are bothered by the fact they were robbing someone just the fact they robbed a non-profit place. They could very well steal from someone else I bet.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Judging by the terrible grammar and bad spelling in the note it looks like they are really young or uneducated. Maybe both. Or perhaps they deliberately wrote the note that way so it would be harder to trace back to them.

Either way it's good that they returned them. Sometimes people get so desperate that they feel like they have to steal to survive. I think we should all be lucky that we aren't in that situation.

However if they were just stealing for fun, or to prove some point then that's pretty unforgivable.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
I'm okay with the idea of robbing giant companies and places that rob people in general, or tricking those places and profiting from it.

Little places, not so much, they tend to struggle to survive and everything else.

It is nice to see people still have second thoughts about things like this though, in the very least.

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm okay with the idea of robbing giant companies and places that rob people in general, or tricking those places and profiting from it.

Little places, not so much, they tend to struggle to survive and everything else.

It is nice to see people still have second thoughts about things like this though, in the very least.
Isn't stealing stealing no matter who you're stealing from?

I always hear about these large companies that are allegedly "stealing" from people. I don't understand this line of thought. Do people not give their money over to them in the exchange of money for goods? There's nothing wrong with companies wanting to make profit, that's the free market.

That's cool that the burglars actually returned their stuff. I've never heard of that on a large scale like this before.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
Isn't stealing stealing no matter who you're stealing from?

I always hear about these large companies that are allegedly "stealing" from people. I don't understand this line of thought. Do people not give their money over to them in the exchange of money for goods? There's nothing wrong with companies wanting to make profit, that's the free market.

That's cool that the burglars actually returned their stuff. I've never heard of that on a large scale like this before.
Well yeah, theft is theft regardless, but when services and products and whatever are so inflated in pricing it becomes a theft of it's own. So I favor it more than normal theft because their pocket books are barely even affected, "Oh dear, we lost $6,000 of materials in our near million dollar company, we are ruined!".

There are other things like tricking banks and companies with your own bits of fine print for example.

Just a way to make profit in a dog eat dog world where the pound keeper always favors the big dog in the big ol' cage full of dogs.

(Spoiler contains a great photo example)

Last edited: