• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Remembering MJ

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
As some of you may already know, I'm a huge Michael Jackson. This day last year the King of Pop was taking away from us at the tender age of 50 years old. I was crushed when I heard the news and it took me a few weeks to get over it. I know that might sound weird to a few of you guys but that's how much I loved the guy.

I'll be listening to a lot of his songs today(not like I don't do that on a daily basis) but I'm going to try and listen to as many as I can. From the Jackson to his single stuff.

You're still in my thoughts MJ

:(

Fire

Registered Member
:'( Very sad, indeed. I think my most fond memory in association with this artist, however, comes with my friend and I dancing to Thriller one long night. Well... tbh, she danced and I simply watched her laughing.

R.I.P. Mj

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Almost hard to believe it was a year ago! Wow. I still remember the whole day really clearly. Big loss, for sure. I'll listen to some MJ right now. RIP.

Impact

V.I.P.
I was surprised when I heard the tribute on the radio the other day that it had already been a year since he died. The radio station at work was playing an hour of MJ every 2 hours...the one day I forget my mp3 player too

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I still remember it like it was yesterday...it was very sad. It was literally THE biggest news last year, there wasn't a day when I turned on the television, and there it was MJ has passed away at 50. I am a HUGE fan as well, and I just couldn't believe it.

There will always be one Michael Jackson...R.I.P...

I think I shall listen to some of his tunes now.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I cannot believe it's been a year already. Time sure does fly.

Michael Jackson was a legend.
...I was shocked and devastated when I learned that he had died; in fact, I cried on and off for a few days over the loss. He was my very first *idol* and his music got me through some tough times while growing up.

To this day, he's been one of theee best performers I've seen live.
------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C73NjVQoRww

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Oh wow, a year ago already.

I remember going home from a party in a cab that cost me 60€ and it played MJ's music throughout the ride. I just imagined I paid for a concert.

micfranklin

Eviscerator
What's weird about it is that every now and then since he died his name was on the news at least once, and it still is. I knew it'd be the story of the next year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well he's on the news mostly because of his former doctor. Joe Jackson who is the father of Michael is suing him.

Most of the blame for his death is going to the doctor for giving him bad "meds" He could still be alive today if it wasn't for him.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
When I saw this thread I was like "It's too early for that ...a year hasn't gone yet..."
But then when I read it I realized the anniversary is today.

Sometimes I say it's easy to blame doctors and such but maybe his death would have happened nevertheless.